Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:39 am

Heading into NYC this morning. Parked my car at the train station and started to walk to the platform when I heard this loud Bang!

Some woman was pulling into the empty space next to my car and slammed into the car in the next space. You will all be relieved to know she completely missed my car. It has not a scratch.

I can tell this will be am awesome day and I'm now in a great mood. Sure, it sucks for that woman. And some poor commuter is going to come back tonight to find the front quarter panel of his Lexus has been smashed into. But, the important thing here is my car is unscathed. At least, that's what I'm taking from it.

Btw, the highlight of this was when the attendant looked at me and said "well, there goes my f*cking morning". Hey, better his than mine.
Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 am

I need you to stop at Gray's Papaya on Broadway and get me two hot dogs with sauerkraut and brown mustard. Just charge it to Nat's Paypal account. He won't mind.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 am

That's 30 blocks from where I am. Don't think I can fit that into the schedule. But, I think at some point in the fall I'm going to make it a point to go up there and do that for lunch.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

I just grabbed a sammich in the Pret next door and I noticed it has "cage free mayo". Is this a thing? Are people keeping mayon in cages now? And, if so, why would they do that? Do we need to protest the treatment of mayo in this country? And, most importantly, why do I care if my mayo is caged or not? Is there a taste difference? Does the cage add some kind of flavor or spice?

When I can't sleep tonight, this is going to be why.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Serves you right if you can't sleep. I didn't sleep after you posted that pic of crab fries next to a cup of mucus. I'm even gagging a little as I type this.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

So, after spending a hot, steamy day and then rainy evening in NYC, I can honestly say the following:

1. If disgusting heat and humidity is what is necessary to make a city full of beautiful women walk around half naked, I'm all for that weather, and

2. The light rain turned all of midtown into one giant wet t-shirt contest and there were many winners on the wall back to Penn.

Sure I'm wet, but, seriously, who cares? I'll dry.

ShoreLion

Postby ShoreLion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:51 am

I'm starting to think you may have ventured into "creepy old guy" territory.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:57 am

You're only starting to think that? Really? I've been thinking it for years now.

Btw, I want to emphasize I just look. I don't touch. And, I don't lear. I'm not staring down 25 year old women in the street. I want to, but I'm not. It's like Seinfeld talking about looking at clevage - it's like an eclipse where you take a quick look and turn away.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:11 pm

If you take a quick glance, then look away but you repeat the quick glance/look away four or five times, have you crossed the line into creepdom? We vacationed in Montana the past two weeks, went to Chico Hot Springs Resort for several soaks and saw some delightful "scenery". I caught my sons looking, too. I didn't feel so guilty since the females were my sons age.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:35 pm

In the King Arthur fable, Sir Lancelot is admired not only for his for his bravery but for being a shining beacon of character and morality. That's pretty much me.

Mrs psu_dad: Didn't Lancelot boink the King's wife?
Me: I forget.
Fire Alex Cora