Random Thoughts

Crowbar

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Crowbar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:22 am

Blue&White wrote:Sadly, those advances won't help my friend. He passed away last night.

Cancer sucks.

I am sorry to hear this. :(

Though no words will make the situation better, your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Sorry BW. It's the randomness of the affliction, IMO, that makes it difficult to bear. I value cause and effect and this breaks all those sort of rules.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:26 pm

So who were the Trump voters on this board that obviously have invited our comrades to start visiting here?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Shore Lion wrote:So who were the Trump voters on this board that obviously have invited our comrades to start visiting here?

I'm working on it. These guys are a massive pain in the rump.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:00 pm

The good news is that I'm working the phones to get you a gig on the new Boomer & B&W show. So there's that.

Mrs psu_dad: Two ampersands?
Me: That part needs work.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 pm

I hate Craig Carton. He was a jackass when he was on WIP in Philly. Apparently he did not improve when he moved to NYC. Just a worthless loudmouth blowhard.

Karma is a biotch sometimes. Eff him.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 pm

He's probably screwed. It's one thing to be arrested by local authorities and prosecuted by a district attorney, It's another thing to get arrested by the FBI and get indicted by a federal prosecutor. Not that they are totally incapable of getting it wrong, but they have massive resources and they usually take the time to build a monster case before bringing charges.

Carton allegedly makes 2M a year to act like a knucklehead and talk about sports. Basically, he hit the lottery and still blew it. I guess the knucklehead shtick wasn't an act.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Wow. $2M a year to talk sports and act juvenile. Yet he still goes out and (allegedly) commits these fraudulent acts to make a few million more. Talk about being greedy. And utterly stupid.

Like you say though, maybe the reason he was so good at acting like a knucklehead was because he really is one.

Life imitates art, I guess.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 pm

FWIW, the guy on local sports radio here who quoted that 2M salary has since retracted his story He now says that was Carton's net worth. Who knows. That's the beauty of being in the sports media. You can pull stories out of your bum and no one cares.

Pulling a Ponzi scheme out of your bum is another matter.

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:22 pm

NY Daily News, I think, said his WFAN salary was $250K. In any case, couldn't happen to a worse guy. From politics to religion to sports, the world needs less hyperbole-spewing blowhards at the public pulpits. Good riddance.