2018 Baseball OffseasonThread

psu_dad

Re: 2018 Baseball OffseasonThread

Postby psu_dad » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:37 pm

The Red Sox visit Philly in September. My oldest told me that the original Christmas present he had planned for me was tickets to two of the games. But my nephew (his cousin) and his fiancé picked that weekend to get married. :P
Last edited by psu_dad on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 pm

How inconsiderate. It's like you weren't a factor in their decision at all. What's up with that?

You should them a crappy gift.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 pm

It's like you weren't a factor in their decision at all.

I told my wife that gave us a free "out". But she's as unreasonable as they are.
Klaatu barada nikto

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:58 pm

psu_dad wrote:I'm going to go way out on a limb here. I'm going to predict that Grower is going to predict that the Phillies are going to win the WS.

Why do you have to spoil my thunder! Philly is about to completely sweep all 4 professional sports!! Flyers, Sixers, Phillies and then the Eagles next year. Remember it, write it down, take a picture of it!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Reports that the Yankees offered Machado $220M, because of course they did. If true, I figure that will be announced about the time he would be due to report.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Former GM Jim Duquette said that on SNY last night. When it got repeated 10000 times, Duquette went on twitter and basically said "Hey, I wasn't reporting it as fact. I was just repeating a rumor I heard".
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 pm

It's being reported everywhere so it'll be hilarious if it's all bullshit.

I ignore most of the rumors, but the Yankees paying stupid money is extremely plausible.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 am

Pitchers and catchers for most teams all officially report by today.

WOO HOO!!! Baseball will soon be upon us. That means spring. I love spring. I am working from home today because the roads were a sheet of ice this morning. All the schools are closed and it's just bitter outside. You know when the roads are not a sheet of ice and it's not bitterly cold? That's right - spring.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Vegas odds have the Giants as the clear favorite to sign Harper. I read they put a short term, ridiculous annual number on the table to get him.

I can't believe this is still going on. And, forget what you read about how the owners are possibly colluding and how whacky the free agent signings have been this year - the Nationals put $300,000,000 on the table. And Harper said "no". So, the problem here isn't the owners in my mind. It's Harper (and, by extension, Machado who seems to be holding out for similar money).

Hey Grower - you want an example of why I don't believe being a bad teammate and clubhouse guy influences owners? Here is your example: Bryce Harper. Bullplayer by occupation. Douchebag by nature. About to probably be the richest man in the sport .

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Dbags tend to make a lot of money because they don't care about other people. I am willing to bet that some other free agent players are quite pissed at Harper and Machado due to the length of time they are taking to make this decision.

Some people think the owners are colluding but that is a bunch of crap. Stats have shown time and time again that paying these men will be completely asinine! I don't want either of these guys because the price tag is too high. But I don't be irritated if the Phils get one.

I am so happy that Bdub is excited for the season to start. You're a little school kid all excited for Santa to show up only to find mom spent all of the Christmas money on Vodka and lottery tickets. Enjoy this optimism now because injuries are right around the corner

Btw the Bdub, I am the richest man in the world because I have a lovely wife, I beautiful daughter, and a job I love! I make 1/1 gizillionth of the money Harper makes. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!