Movies

Carl Spackler

Re: Movies

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Blue&White wrote:Saw Darkest Hour with a friend this evening. Really well done. Gary Oldman was impressive. I wouldn't call it a must see on the big screen, so for those of you inclined not to go to the theater you can wait and watch it on home without missing much of the nuance. But, I highly recommend you go see it. I was really impressed.

I agree. Mrs. Spackler really enjoyed it too. She hated history in high school but has learned to enjoy it through my immersing her into various places and events on vacations, etc. The movie was better than I expected it to be, a nice surprise.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun May 13, 2018 5:30 pm

We don't watch a ton of movies just because we don't have the time, but last night we watched Get Out and it was fantastic!! I think it won an Oscar and it definitely deserved the Oscar. I suggest give it a watch. It has a twilight feel to it and makes ya think a bit.

One more thing, I cannot wait for Deadpool 2 to come out. Deadpool is possibly one of the favorite movies over the last few years. I love the sarcasm and just the way it was made. I cannot imagine 2 will be better than the first but you never know!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 pm

My wife and I just purchased our tix for Deadpool 2 next Saturday night. The first Deadpool was fantastic. I am ready for another 2 hours of cinematic greatness.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun May 13, 2018 8:36 pm

I can't wait for DP 2. Really looking forward to it.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 am

My wife and I saw A Star Is Born this saturday. For a remake of a remake of a remake, it was well done. For those of you who complain movies aren't about just people anymore, this one is. No special effects, just acting. Bradley Cooper apparently does his own singing, and he's pretty good. So, just another reason to hate that guy (he's a rich, good looking actor who apparently could also make it as a rock star - what's not to hate?).

Anyway, I'd recommend it. We both enjoyed it.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?