Movies

psu_dad

Re: Movies

Postby psu_dad » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 am

A Terry Jacks biopic? A Terry Jacks tasering, that I could get behind.
Klaatu barada nikto

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:49 am

sameoldlama wrote:I think a Terry Jacks biopic would be far more entertaining - especially since you have an actual antagonist in the man who criss crossed Canada pretending to be Terry Jacks to scam free drinks and stuff.

And yes I understand I will be suspended from posting for a week because the above will cause "Seasons in the Sun", Christopher Cross's "Ride Like the Wind" and Kris Kross' "Jump" stick in your heads all ... day .... long. :lol:

Add the Pina Colata song and You Light Up My Life if you really wanna make my head explode.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 am

Or anything by Mariah Carey. KABOOOOOOM!!!!!
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:31 am

My gym plays a programmed feed and sometimes, somehow the same song will repeat within a few songs and even back to back - which with some current pop tunes can be annoying. But far worse they play commercials about every 10-15 minutes - and it's the same two or three commercials so if I am at gym 2 hours I will hear the same commercial 8 times.

As a result of a very tedious Head & Shoulders commercial Sophia Vargera could offer me discount lap dances and I'd take a pass. Currently it appears MTV is developing a show to do for teen morbid obesity what it did for teen pregnancy - so four times an hour I am subjected to a promo of fat girls yelling into a mirror that they are beautiful and they love themselves.

I can't get to that tiki / lap dance bar with dad and Crow fast enough. Looking forward to the feature dancer doing a slow, dramatic center stage number to Seasons in the Sun.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Saw the Grinch over the weekend. It was a cute movie worth seeing.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm

Crowbar wrote:Saw the Grinch over the weekend. It was a cute movie worth seeing.

My kids are old enough that I no longer have to pretend that's true.
Is it baseball season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Lol. I do have younger kids, hence the reason we saw the movie. I did like the movie though.

A guilty pleasure of mine is I still enjoy the holiday cartoons/specials from Halloween to Christmas as much at 45 as I did when I was 5.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 am

Wife and I saw Boy Erased on Saturday night. It's based on the book of the same name and it's an semi-autobiographical account (I think the movie takes some artistic liberties, like changing the guys name) of writer Gerrard Conley. Conley has been writing for the past 10 years or so about his experiences in gay conversion therapy when he was in his late teens, and the impact it had on him and others. From what I read yesterday morning, the basics of the movie and what he went through are true. I suspect he combines things that happened to different people into just a few characters to make the story flow a little better.

It's pretty intense at times. In the movie - and I believe in real life, based on what I read reading after seeing the movie - his mother put a stop to the whole thing and basically rescued him. A lot of kids are not that lucky, though. Amazing the practice is still legal in many states. Anyway, movie was worth seeing. Not a lot of action and it did drag at points, but for the most part it was good.
Is it baseball season yet?