College: attending, paying for, etc.

LioninVa

Re: College: attending, paying for, etc.

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 am

Congrats, B-Dub! I is good and bad watching your child grow up and move on, but necessary as well. And, as much as this pains me to say, dad is right!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am

Maybe, but it's going to be hard for me to consider it an adult relationship while they are living on my dime. And, he's going to be for a minimum of the next 4 years.

I'm ok with that and I don't begrudge him that at all. My parents worked hard and paid for college so I didn't come out saddled with debt. And, I'm going to do the same for my sons (best that I can - there will be some debt but it will be manageable, and I will help pay it down). But, I can't consider the relationship where I pay for their existance an "adult" relationship.

We will get there, though. He's a mature kid and I expect him to continue to grow and to learn. Like I said, I am really excited for him.
Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:59 pm

One thing we can all agree on is that you're getting old. If you need tips on getting more fiber in your diet, let me know. I'm munching on some dates as we speak. De-licious.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:02 pm

One thing we can all agree on is that you're getting old.

Yep. And, I'm not enjoying it. The only positive thing I can say is it beats the alternative.
Is it football season yet?