2020 Election Thread

PittGradPSUMad

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Trump's budget proposal, as they say, is DOA. There's a better chance that trump admits he's been a douchebag all his life and apologizing to well....everybody......than getting his budget proposal through Congress. One can only hope that farmers will begin to realize they're getting conned by president P.T. Barnum.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:18 pm

National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:39 pm

I don't get the Beto love. I really don't. He couldn't win a statewide election in his home state but I'm supposed to believe he's going to take down Trump in a national election? And, that aside, what are his policy positions that have everyone so excited? Can anyone really say? He's a young(ish), good looking white male. That's what I think his primary appeal is and why he's getting more love than, say, Kamala Harris. But, I don't get the fawning over him.
Is it baseball season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:46 pm

I've read various articles (can't remember where, sorry) a Democrat "dream" ticket would consist of Biden and Beto.

For better or worse, I think that ticket could upend Donald Trump. You have the older, well-experienced statesman in Biden and the younger and popular upstart in Beto.

Plus, neither of them come across as some far-left looney tune who would be nothing more than a D version of Trump.

Will see, I guess.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Plus, neither of them come across as some far-left looney tune who would be nothing more than a D version of Trump.

They may not come across that way but Joe Biden is nothing more than a D version of Trump. He's Trump with a better wrapper. His funademntal policies are not vastly different than Trump's. He is still going to pump an ungodly amount of money into the military industrial complex without ever asking for any accountability. But, with the added bonus of possibly being more hawkish than Trump is. He certainly won't be less. His domestic agenda won't be vasatly different. His trade policies will be worse.

The only real difference is he will be pro-choice (at least will claim to be) and will ease off some of the BS Trump is trying to pull with the LBGT community. And, he will be moderatly better for the environment but not enough to have any real impact. But, otherwise, after a million years of being in public life, we pretty much know who Joe Biden is. And, he's not vastly different than Trump is.

No thanks.

All that said, I agree with you that he can beat Trump. I don't know if he can get through the primary but, if he were to win the nomination, I think he can beat Trump. I'm just not sure that's such a good thing.
Is it baseball season yet?