2020 Election Thread

Blue&White

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:14 am

psu_dad wrote:t's a fool's errand to try to prove that you're "not" something. I'm surprised Biden would fall into that trap. How did Larry David do?

He walked right into it. Harris was a prosecutor for many years and, whatever else she may be, I think she was a very good lawyer and an excellent litigator. She led him and she did it in a way that was really skillful and didn't initially come off as an attack. And, Biden just stepped in it. It was really awesome. You can probably find the clip on youtube. I'm sure it's been posted many places.

The best part was when Biden said he wasn't against bussing, he was against the federal governement telling states and local communities who didn't want to bus that they had to for the purpose of racial integration - which was the point. Those are not his exact words but it's what he said. And, as soon as he said it he realized he said it and went into how he pushed for voting rights, etc.

And, Larry David did fine. He made the same points he always makes. He's consistent.

Btw, based on the clips from night 1 I am definetely hoping to see more of Tulsi Gabbard. Yowza!
Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 am

Evidently there are several Republican efforts to help raise donations for Marianne Williamson. They want to ensure she remains eligilbe for future debates.

I agree. It's rare that you get to see someone so clearly cukoo for Cocoa Puffs that it would be a shame to end it prematurely. But, that woman is flat out batsh!t. A presidential debate between her and Trump would be, like, the ulitimate in political TV.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 am

She's written four NY Times #1 bestselling books. Apparently there's a market for batshit crazy.
Fire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:24 pm

psu_dad wrote:She's written four NY Times #1 bestselling books. Apparently there's a market for batshit crazy.

Ya think? Perhaps, that helps to explain limbaugh and hannity's vast audience.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm

She is completely looneytunes. She should have ended the debate bursting through a drum saying "that's all, folks!"

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:13 pm

Evidently there are several Republican efforts to help raise donations for Marianne Williamson

I'm not a Republican and I didn't watch the debates, but I found a clip of her performance. She rocks. Where do I send the check?
Fire Alex Cora