Music

Blue&White

Re: Music

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:17 pm

I had the same thought. I thought Tommy Lee got off really easy in that. From what I know about him, which is based on things he himself has said, that was not an accurate portrayal. He knew what he was doing when he was cheating on his wife, etc. He wasn't this naive kid thrown into the spotlight.
Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:11 am

I think part of the friendly portrayal is due to the four being producers. You can also tell that Heather Locklear signed off on it while others, like Pamela Anderson probably did not. I agree that these guys were textbook drugged up rockers with far too much fame and money for their own good.

ShoreLion

Postby ShoreLion » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:17 am

The book came out almost 20 years ago. That paints a darker picture.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri May 31, 2019 7:26 am

Mrs. LioninVa and I saw the Group Therapy Tour with Hootie and the Blowfish last night. Barenaked Ladies was the opening act and last night was the first show of the tour. We had a blast! Huge crowd at the Va Beach Amphitheater all enjoying great music. There were a few hiccups, but no major crashes and I always enjoy seeing musician recover from a missed entrance or incorrect vocal. I mean, it’s music not brain surgery.

BNL is a little different without one of their lead singers, so some songs just sound different. But if you like either of these groups, I highly recommend catching the show!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am

My wife and I were considering seeing Hootie this summer. Waiting to see if the prices come down. Glad you had a good time.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri May 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Thanks, B-Dub! Full disclosure, we typically get lawn seats, often through a groupon or during the Live Nation $20 sale. That was what we did for last night and the two other shows we are going to this summer.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:47 pm

So, I'm sitting here working and have some music in the background and ZZ Top's song Pearl Necklace just came on. I haven't heard that song since I'm a kid and, hey, I just realized something about that song I did not get when I was 13........ :shock:

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:57 pm

My boss literally just asked me what I was laughing so hard! Fortunately for me, he s also a quick witted musician and was previously talking about Springsteen lyrics, so he laughed as well.

On the live scene, the wife and I will see Goo Goo Dolls with Train Sunday evening. I’m not overly excited, but the ladies dig them some Johnny Reznik, so that might play out well for me. The. We go to Baltimore later in July to catch The Struts one more time.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:03 pm

We are seeing Goo Goo Dolls in August. I've seen them a few times now and they always do a good show. You should enjoy it.

We are seeing the Psychedelic Furs this Saturday in Philly. Later in August we are seeing Heart with Joan Jett and Smashing Pumpkins with Noell Gallagher. Two weeks ago we saw Live and Bush. The weekend before we saw Collective Soul and Gin Blossoms (again - saw them in March or so).

I think that's all we have planned for now. But, we always keep an eye out for good shows. Eddie Vedder just finished a European tour and I'm hoping he comes to the US. Actually, what I really hope is he gets his ass back to Seattle so Pearl Jam can record a new album, but, short of that, I hope he does a US tour so I can do that.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:26 pm

My wife is trying to convince me to go see The Alarm and Modern English. When you listed Psychedelic Furs, I remembered this as those were two of my first college roommates favorites and I always get their names confused. We may still end up going as it’s a cool venue downtown and tickets are usually cheap.