Music

PittGradPSUMad

Re: Music

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Blue&White wrote:He's an Irish singer. I recommend you watch the movie Once as it features him and his music.

A very nice Indie movie. Hansard is a serviceable actor and a very talented musician. He fronts The Frames an Irish band and has some stuff on YouTube. I imagine he puts on a great live show.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:39 pm

Well done, Mad. He does front The Frames but we are seeing him solo, which is fine.
Is it baseball season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:11 pm

I checked ticket prices for the Merriam....did not believe he would be so pricey, but he is.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:37 pm

I wish I knew you were a fan as I could have helped you out. There are a few music fan sites I follow and they will help people out by doing things like listing pre-sale codes. So, before this concert hit the general public I was able to get on to one of the "members only" sites, use a pre-sale code I got and buy tickets.

They were not cheap - I paid just under $150 for the pair, but there was none of that bullshit StubHub $50/ticket service fee either. And, we got good seats. We are like 5th row in the Orchestra. I think that was worth the $140+.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Seen Buddy Guy, BB King, the Who, Stones, U2 a few times, RHCP, Metallica, AC/DC, Jane's Addiction, Cracker, Elvis Costello, The Police, Springsteen, Elton John, Billy Joel, Foo Fighters, Wilco a few times, Pearl Jam numerous times, the Jayhawks, Beastie Boys, Beach Boys, the Monkees, Squeeze, the Kinks, the Hooters, Neil Young, Sleater Kinney, Social Distortion and STP. Went to many a show @ Mann music center where we stood outside but could hear the show, I'm sure there's more I'm not remembering

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:14 am

B&W
Greta Van Fleet at Stone Pony May 18

Lion
Does you wife want to see Bon Jovi or hear Bon Jovi music? There is a tribute band called Slippery When Wet that even the real band endorses that tours. If your feeling like really getting on your wife's good side I think they do those 80s music themed cruises - have to imagine that would get you a lot of understanding and goodwill from the missus.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:23 am

B&W
Greta Van Fleet at Stone Pony May 18

thanks!

I'm going to check out tickets.

Edit: tickets are going for $200/ea. That's a nope.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:47 am

Hold tight - I didn't see tix on the Stone Pony site listed yet so that might be pre-sale / VIP stuff - it's on the outdoor summer stage so I have hard time believing that GA will hold a $200 tag.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:00 pm

It's not a large venue so it may. I'll keep checking but Live Nation is asking 198 for GA and StubHub is at 185. And then there is the ridiculous service fees.

It's got to go down at least 50 before I'll do it, and I doubt it will.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Lama, she wants to see Jon Bon Jovi. She would probably struggle to name more that two songs (and she is a pretty cool chic) by him so I am thinking there are other reasons...

Maybe that cruise thing is worth looking in to.