Music

LioninVa

Re: Music

Postby LioninVa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:19 pm

We saw Train and Goo Goo Dolls about a month back. Loved Goo Goo Dolls (they were first) but would have liked to hear more of them. Train was good but I felt like it was the Pat M ego fest. The band was killer, don’t get me wrong. All in all, it was a great show.

I am back at the amphitheater right now waiting for Joan Jett and the Blackhearts to open up for Heart.
Last edited by LioninVa on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm

I had tickets to that Friday before last but we had to give them away due to my wife's ankle. The doctor told us she had not been elevating it enough, the color was bad, and she had to spend 72 hours with it higher than her heart. So, we gave our tickets away. Hope you have a good time. Let me know how the show is.
Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 am

Sorry to hear that you weren’t able to make it to the show. In short, these ladies can still rock! Joan Jett looked like she got a bad Botox recently, but sounded great. Ann and Nancy were great, and I’m not a big Heart fan, so that’s saying something. Ann’s vocal range has diminished at the top, but that’s a fact of life. One of our friends cancelled so we took our youngest son (the metal head) and he was impressed. He commented on how both women really played the guitar, rather than just strumming on it a bit, which prompted my wider and her friend to explain how they were both groundbreaker in that regard.

The other thing it liked was the fact that they didn’t rely on a big video screen behind the bands - they had a classic looking curtain, lighting and music. It was, in a way, refreshing.