Re: Dog name recommendations

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Wife rejected Moose.

Fine. You're on your own.
Fire Alex Cora

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:55 pm

If he shits all over the place and walks around like he has the world by the shorthairs name him Donald.

All joking aside, I'm a big fan of giving dogs human names. "His name is Steven. No, he doesn't like to be called Steve."
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Barkley

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 pm

I was going to offer up Roscoe or suggest you go all Johnny Quest and go with Bandit but I think Shane has the winner
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm

You say he's part pit......howsabout Brad? Or failing that....mugs.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:05 pm

My friend had a cat named Stupid. Nothing better than calling out to your pet "Hey, Stupid!!!"
Would be even better for the neighborhood on a dog.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:40 am

My youngest son is pushing hard for "Bacon". His logic is Bacon makes everything better so why woulnd't it make the puppy better? I have to admit, it's tough to argue with that logic.

It may be all moot as we are having doubts about this. We have not formally adopted the dog and are still taking him to adoption events. My wife and I are starting to lean towards "not keeping". Appreciate all the suggestions, though.
Baseball season!!!!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am

Can't fault you for that - the simple mathematics of the number of dog poops you've had to pick up boggles the mind - an ongoing 3 x 2 x 7 = 42 a week is more than even the most animal loving person should be asked to endure.

I've thought of volunteering to walk dogs at a shelter when I retire but I am going to have a condition - make sure they pooped before I take them out.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am

I like the idea of walking dogs at a shelter. I also told my wife that when our dogs finally cross the Rainbow Bridge I'd like to adopt a senior dog that needs a break. I know Shore had adopted a number of senior dogs, but most people want puppies. But, our rescue gets a lot of dogs that are not puppies and they have a much tougher time finding homes. So, I think when my dogs are gone I'm going to look for a dog that is at least 6 years old and needs a break. I just don't think another puppy is a great idea for us, no matter how cute he is.
Baseball season!!!!

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Name him "BOB", it's easy to learn for him and say for you. If he can't swim you can always exhort him by shouting BOB, BOB, BOB! ;)
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt