2019 NFL Season

PSUgrower

2019 NFL Season

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm

We might as well get this thread started!! Russell Wilson inks a 4 year 140 million contract. I am all about these guys getting their money but I hope these teams realize when you spend that kind of money on a QB you really can't purchase other top players in the NFL. The Eagles got away with it a few years ago because Wentz was on a rookie contract. Brady is always changing up his NFL contract to free up money for other players. Don't worry, he still gets paid! Look at the Packers after Rodgers contract or the Ravens and the Bungals!

Blue&White

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 pm

That is an insane amount of money for an "ok" QB. They are going to seriously regret that. And, I think your Packers comparrison is a good analogy. On the plus side, there were rumors that if he didn't sign this deal the Giants could be interested, so I feel like Big Blue dodged a bullet here. I wasn't interested in Wilson.
Baseball season!!!!

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:09 pm

As a Seahawks fan I'm a bit confused, as I thought all the other more recent injuries and departures (goodbye legion of boom) needed the attention and $$ available.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:02 pm

The prosecutor in Florida is going to make the tape where Bob Kraft isn't soliciting prostitution and having sex with a hooker available to the public.

Great, now I have to gauge my eyes out as a preemptive step.
Baseball season!!!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Despite 17,000,000 articles/editorials alleging human/sex trafficking and demanding Kraft's banishment to Devil's Island, not a single person charged as part of this CGF has been charged with human or sex trafficking due to a lack of any evidence that either occurred.

Go figure.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:01 am

I'm sure that's a big relief to the people who run the massage parlor, but Kraft was only charged with solicitation. And, call it an uneducated guess on my part, but I suspect he's guilty of that. So, I'm not sure what the complaint is here.

You know the old saying about if you can't do the time....
Baseball season!!!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am

No complaint. The media did a terrific job reporting this story when it broke. They didn't jump to any conclusions unsupported by actual facts. And not a single piece of hysterical and/or self-righteous commentary could be found anywhere.

Seriously. Great job.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 am

The stories I reas was that the application for the warrant stated that the police suspected there was, among other crimes (including prositution), human trafficking going on. That was in a sworn affidavit The media didn't make it up. OBviously, a sworn affidavit is not nearly the same as a criminal conviction, but the reporting I saw stated it was an "investigation". As for Bob Kraft, every single story I read said he had only been charged with solicitation and made it clear he was looking at fines, not prison time. He could have paid the fines and been done with this, but he's probably afraid the NFL is going to come down on him like a ton of bricks if he does that, so he's fighting it. I have no idea how the Boston media reported the story but the national media, at least that I saw, seemed to get it right. Whether or not the reporting on a businessman getting nailed for paying for sex is deserving of the amount of coverage this story got is a different issue, but I didn't see anything in the reporting itself that was unfair.

As for the question of if Kraft should have been subject to this level of embrassment for what is almost a summary offense - who fucking cares? Our prisons are filled with people who are doing long sentences for bullshit crimes. If Kraft was black, he's probably in jail over this because I'm sure the cops would "find" weed on him as well. If he someone like me - a middle class corporate wage slave - he probably would already have lost his job over this. My employer has fired people for lessor things than what Kraft is accused of.

So, spare me the outrage over how Bob Kraft is being treated. If someone of his notoriety can't figure out that paying for a blowjob from a 20 year old Chinese hooker who may just be in the country on dubious circumstances may just land him in the soup and subject him to public humiliation, that's completely on him.
Baseball season!!!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 am

I'm not outraged, for at least three reasons (1) I don't really care about Kraft. He's not my uncle. He's just a rich guy who happens to own a team I root for. (2) Old guys getting hand jobs is too funny for outrage. That should be reserved for ketchup on hot dogs. (3) My attitude towards the modern media is more resignation than outrage. They stink on ice.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:49 am

1. Fair enough
2. Agree
3. Perhaps, but I don't think they got this one wrong.
Baseball season!!!!