2019 NFL Season

Blue&White

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm

When it comes to pro sports and disputes between billionare owners vs. millionare players my instinct is to side with the players. Especially in the NFL where contracts allow the owners to cut them long before the contract is up but the player is still beholden to the team.

All that said - Antonio Brown is a freaking lunatic, right? I mean, he's actually going to retire because they won't let him wear an older helmet that the league says is unsafe? The same league that went to great lengths to cover up the whole CTE injury thing and deny it was true is now saying the older helmet isn't safe and Brown is like "nuh uh, I don't buy it".

And, this is after his self inflicted frostbite on his feet.

I think if he walks away from his contract and refused to play he's doing the Raiders a massive favor.
Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:32 pm

If I live to be 1000, I'll never understand the appeal of these big-money batshit-crazy wide receivers. They're way more trouble than they're worth. Yes, he put up big numbers in Pittsburgh. And ultimately, it all amounted to squat. As it will for the Raiders.
Fire Alex Cora

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am

Brown is still missing practices due to his helmet issues. He is pretty much being a brat! I am sure he will play week 1 but if I were a teammate I would be pissed off at him. You have guys busting their ass and this guy is not battling with the team. This is the kind of crap that divides a team- see the Steelers from last year!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 am

I usually side with the millionaires over the billionaires, but this comes off as just batshit.

I wonder if there is something else going on, like maybe he's hoping to be released by the Raiders.
Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 am

Apparently, the band Van Halen loved M&M's. When on tour during their prime, they had it in their contract that their dressing room would be stocked with them and that they would be in multiple bowls, separated by color. When their manager was asked why they would insist on such a frivolous contact demand, he replied "because they can".

I imagine Brown is being an a-hole because that's what divas do. They like it.
Fire Alex Cora