2019 NFL Season

Blue&White

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Ok.

My point was that the Cardinals played this as badly as was possible. You are focusing on "what could be", but in the world of "what is" they have given away all their trade leverage and left themselves with no great options to get value for Rosen. The idea that they used back-to-back first round picks so they can have 2 QBs fight it out is ludicrous. They screwed this up. Badly.

Also,

psu_dad wrote:Perhaps the Giants thought he may not be there at 17. Or perhaps Gettleman is a doofus. Who knows.

So, I had an opportunity to read Gettleman's comments at the post-draft PC. Based on that, I think the answer is "doofus". Maybe this pick works out and they have their new franchise QB for the next 15 years, but this was a really bad decision by the Giants.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Got ya and makes sense. I think we are looking at it differently but that is fine. QB pretty much make a team unless you go all out defense! I would pick a QB every year in the draft if I had shitty QBs

Gettleman seems like a doofus! He kind of reminds me of Chip Kelly. I think you guys are in trouble for a few years.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:50 pm

Gettleman seems like a doofus! He kind of reminds me of Chip Kelly. I think you guys are in trouble for a few years.

I'm holding out hope that he's really a very stable genius and the rest of us just can't see it, but I'm not optimistic.
Baseball season!!!!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm not ready to bury Gettleman just yet. I like Jones, saw him a bit vs. Clemson and some other ACC teams. Not sure he was worth the #6, but no QB was worth the #6 this draft, which means if the Giants didn't take him at six (and they took Allen, for instance) invariably someone else (likely Washington) would have moved up to pick him somewhere between 7-15.

Doesn't mean I love the selection, but I kind of get what DG is doing. That said, Allen is a sure thing...so Jones better be a lot better than Dave Brown else DG's gonna die a slow death in QB hell...

Oh, and I like Dexter Lawrence A LOT - saw a ton of him at Clemson. Also like Baker, legit shutdown corner although I wonder at the value moving up. Extra year counts for a lot I guess.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:19 pm

And the Eagles take Miles Sanders! I was not a fan of him leaving due to selfish reasons but since the Eagles picked him I am good with it. My midnight green goggles are on!

Rosen was dealt to Miami for a 2nd round pick this year and a 5th round pick next year. I can officially say that Zona botched this up. Yes, they should have traded him before the draft but I am guessing they weren't getting what they thought they could get. I would have kept Rosen until I got something close to what I wanted but I am just a dude with an opinion with zero knowledge of Rosen's personality.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Anyone listen to the Tyreek Hill audio? My bet is that he will be released from the Chiefs really soon. He pretty much admitted to abusing his child so this man can eat wood IMO. I doubt this tape holds up in the court of law (I know it wouldn't hold up in PA because both parties must know that they are being recorded). The most damning evidence is that Hill admitted to punching his 3 year old son in the chest to discipline him- WTF!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:38 am

Congrats to Sanders.

This is why I could never make it as an NFL scout. I like Sanders, but I didn't think he looked all that special last year. Without Barkley softening up defenses for him I thought he took a major step backwards. Then when there were reports he was predicted to be a 2nd rounder, I thought that was nuts. Shows how much I know.

Connor McGovern went to Dallas in the 3rd round. So, basically, both he and Sanders are dead to me.

92 - I think whether or not Jones can play and replace Eli is irrelevant. You don't use the #6 pick in the draft for a guy you intend to sit for up to 3 years. That's just ridiculous.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:27 pm

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/watch-funniest-reactions-to-new-york-giants-drafting-daniel-jones/493359
Bdub, here are a bunch of videos that show the reactions of the Giants taking Jones. I am still baffled by Gettleman's decision. Jones would have been there at 17 so he done F'ed up!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:43 pm

Apparently there were rumors that the Skins were going to take him if he was available as they favored him over Haskins. I suppose that's possible but I think it's more likely that the Giants got played here.

It was a stupid move in my view. The only way it pans out is if Eli really bombs and they make a change this season. And, judging by the last few years I just think there is little chance that's going to happen.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:02 pm

And now the Eagles take Shareef Miller!! I like this draft so far!!