Heeeee's Baaaaaaak!

Carl Spackler

Heeeee's Baaaaaaak!

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 am

Well.

Your guys tried to hid from me but a friend dropped me a note and I found you.

I was knocked out of the old board months ago, sent a message through the old system and must have been caught up in the transition and missed somehow, or....there is a conspiracy to keep me out!!!!! lol

Anyway, I'm back. Lots happened since I last darkened the doors of nf.com. Still happening. In two weeks we will celebrate the 46th anniversary of our first date that matured into marriage that has lasted over 41 years as of June. On the last day of August my implanted pain pump decided to fail completely leaving me without any medication and going into total withdrawal and a hospital stay over the Labor Day weekend. I've gone through this two other times but was weaned off and I can say this was pure hell. My wife was terrified that Friday evening as I had seizure after seizure and we finally went to the emergency room (a bad experience as they only seem to know how to deal with street addicts) and was admitted later that night where I received wonderful care in the step unit just below ICU but above regular admission. The nurses and the hospitalist doctor (who also had an addict mentality until he realized I was a helpless victim not a criminal) really tried to help me make it through all the symptoms. This opioid attack fad by our politicians is leaving chronic pain patients who suffer from disease or horrific injury (me) out in the cold, many with greatly reduced or no medication and suicides in our segment are skyrocketing. Enough of my soapbox although it is legitimate and as usual, out of the "main stream" but correct no matter how unpopular.

I have a surgical consult on our 1st date anniversary to find out just when I will receive my new pump. Until then I have to make due with oral meds. that don't come close to quelling the majority of the "discomfort". Every day is a trial but my lovely wife is there for me each step of the way. The worst part is seeing the sadness in her eyes each morning when she leaves for work knowing that I don't look well and that she can see the pain as she has for the past 40 years. Anyone who is married knows the feeling. When I finally receive the new pump I'll be back to my normal level of misery which is a big step up over this level. Then come the lawyers as the class action suits and individual suits are stacking up for the company who made my original pump, they were reprimanded by the FDA for knowing problems existed in the pump and doing nothing to remedy the situation.

Sorry to vent but this is difficult guys.

Glad to be back, missed you gentlemen and ladies when I could not access the board. The team is having a very good year so far and on other boards I read complaints about not winning "good enough". Boy are we spoiled from one successful year. I originally predicted that 2017 would be the first year that there was any hope of having a competitive team capable of ascending the heights of the conference. Kudos to the team and staff for beating my predictions.

That's all folks.

LioninVa

Re: Heeeee's Baaaaaaak!

Postby LioninVa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 am

Welcome back, Carl!

Sorry about your exploits. I would have thought you would self medicate or move to Colorado or something. I must be thinking of the other Carl Spackler...

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:58 am

Welcome back, buddy.

After the board crashed over the summer, we had a situation where some people could get on but others could not. It was basically device specific. If you were using a mobile device, like a phone or tablet, you could get on. If you had a PC, you couldn't. I have no idea why that was. Rather than solve that problem, Mark just rebooted the whole thing. This board has had some issues, too. People couldn't register with their old names (Mark had to change mine manually) and people couldn't see the new board until they registered. So, while most people have come back, we've had a few stragglers.

I remembered I had an old email from you but I couldn't find it anywhere in my yahoo account or I would have reached out weeks ago. It was only when Southern - now Jerry Garcia - came back that he said he knew how to reach you. And here you are.

Glad to have you back among us. Sorry for your trouble but at least you have a good PSU season to help ease the pain.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 am

Glad to see you here, Carl!
Sad to hear of your unending ordeals. All I can say about that is "great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts." :(

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:19 am

Welcome back, Sir!!! :D

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 am

You've heard of a "green thumb"? Well, I have a "black thumb". It's nice to have someone around who has a clue how to make things grow.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:26 pm

dad,

But then you have to mow! I like mowing when I feel up to it but had to have my neighbor do my mowing recently. He's a great guy because he had to mow 7 acres although he liked my new tractor. Mrs. Spackler loves the front loader. I showed her how to reduce a pile of limbs to half size with the front end loader and she agreed it was worth the extra cost. She loves to see me use my equipment, and their extensions, in the yard, on trees and brush. Just to clarify knowing my audience.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Welcome back.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Shane, playing any golf?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Hello Carl, it's about time. When BDub posted that he was trying to track you down, my first thought was....did Carl get that new tractor he's been jonesing for. Question answered. I am still driving my JD...can't kill it and lord knows I've tried. I accidentally ran into a fence post this summer which damaged the grill more than a whole lot, but it keeps on ticking. Welcome back.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.