Other Sports

LioninVa

Re: Other Sports

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 pm

I watched the first half of game 7 before dozing off on the couch. The Blues goalie was playing lights out! I did t have a dog in the fight, but tend to lean towards teams that haven’t been there when it’s a factor.

As for the USWNT I the World Cup, I have no issues wit the margin of victory or the celebrations. This is the apex of the game and goal differential matters. Score when you can and celebrate when you do!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 pm

The NBA free agency period is coming up on July 1st and it will be a fantastic soap opera!! The Sixers are primed to sign some crazy contracts but there are a ton of variables! We will see what happens and I have a feeling I will not be happy. I like Butler over Harris but I don't have a say in how this goes. I would't be angry is Simmons is traded because he cant shoot!!! I think this team wins a championship if they bring back their starting 5 but your guess is as good as mine at this point! Let the games begin!!

btw, the US Men's soccer team is playing Panama tomorrow night and then will play a game in Philly on Sunday. I am debating getting tix because it was a blast seeing the team play 2 years ago in Philly! My daughter and I had a blast!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:27 pm

The NBA free agency period is coming up on July 1st and it will be a fantastic soap opera!!

You're probably right, which is why my interest in the NBA has waned over the years. I don't like soap operas.
Fire Alex Cora

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 pm

I don't like soap opera's either but I enjoy the drama of free agent signings in the NBA! 1 player in the NBA can completely change a team- See Kawhi Leonard. He almost single handedly brought a championship to Toronto. Plus, the summer is boring when it comes to sports! There is a lot of soccer on but that only takes up about 2 hours twice a week.

BTW, the US Men's soccer team plays Panama tonight. Be there or be square!! I know Dad will pick to be a square :D

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I actually enjoy soccer played at it's highest level. USA vs Panama is not that.
Fire Alex Cora