Other Sports

PSUgrower

Other Sports

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 pm

In soccer, the US Men's Nat. team plays Tuesday just before 8 in Trinidad and Tobago. We NEED a win or a tie to make it to the 2018 World Cup. If we do not make it to the WC, this will set our team back at least 5 years! BTW, Pulisic is 19 years old and an absolute beast!! He had a goal in the 8th minute on Friday and an assist. He is the future of this country!!! USA, USA, USA!!

Shore Lion

Re: Other Sports

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am

So what you're saying is that if the USA loses tonight then I won't have to pretend I care about soccer during the World Cup? Now that's some info I can use.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 pm

There is going to be some swearing in this rant but that is nothing compared to what I am feeling. The US Men's soccer team decided to shit the bed tonight. They not only shit the bed but they decided to swim in it. I am not kidding when I say that this game was worse than watching a high school game. The only person who showed up was Pulisic. This pushed soccer back at least 6 years. Pulisic will be 27 when he gets to a World Cup. I am not kidding when I say this was the worst I have ever seen the US men play. Trinidad and Tobago was 1 and 8 in World Cup Qualifying.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Shore Lion wrote:So what you're saying is that if the USA loses tonight then I won't have to pretend I care about soccer during the World Cup? Now that's some info I can use.

What Shore said. Times 2.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am

I imagine that executives at Fox Sports will be jumping out of their office windows this morning. They paid a fortune for the broadcast rights to the World Cup. As if the time zone issue wasn't a big enough problem, now they have to convince people to get up at dawn to watch Uruquay play Nigeria.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 am

I am not as angry a G, but I am not happy about this either. I didn't get to watch the game because I don't pay for the network that carried it, but was following along an social media. I will take his word for it that they played for shit, as the first goal was an own goal.

As for FoxSports, I hope they have problems. I am not impressed with them much. The NFL coverage is good and MLB seems decent but the rest of what they do is really not good. Maybe it is getting better, but the coverage of the US Open golf sucked and the B1G championship was almost as bad. I am probably tempering that simply due to the result...

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am

psu_dad wrote:I imagine that executives at Fox Sports will be jumping out of their office windows this morning. They paid a fortune for the broadcast rights to the World Cup. As if the time zone issue wasn't a big enough problem, now they have to convince people to get up at dawn to watch Uruquay play Nigeria.

As many of you know I am a tenacious soccer supporter. I watch soccer from Spain, England, and Germany so I love me some soccer. I will not be tuning into the World Cup at all. I normally DVR every game and watch them at some point but I will not turn on one game until it gets to the knockout stage. I am still angry and my blood pressure is still through the roof!! US team was a joke last night. No one ran to the ball wanted to win the ball like they did Friday night.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:58 pm

I thought the World Cup was something related to jock straps, who knew?

To Shore's and BW's chagrin, I never pretended to care about futbol.

I realize it a big deal to other countries but so is the U.N., France and competitive bicycle riding.

I'll return to the things popular in the U.S.A. Under-wire Bra's, Cheese Whiz, COLLEGE FOOTBALL, Hunting, Mountain Climbing, Steak, John Wayne, etc.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm a fan of competitive swimming, but it doesn't come up much because no one cares. But hey, at least USA Swimming isn't pathetic. Our national teams have been Kicking Ass & Taking Names in international competition since forever. Perhaps the USA Soccer organization should hire USA Swimming as a consultant.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

To Shore's and BW's chagrin, I never pretended to care about futbol.

You've confused me with someone else. I could care less about soccer. There is not an instrument to measure my indifference.