Other Sports

Crowbar

Re: Other Sports

Postby Crowbar » Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 pm

It amazes me when I listen to WIP or the Fanatic that there are actual living people, who say they are Sixers fans, who DON'T want LeBron James here next year. :shock:

I don't understand it. Holy flub.

They can't be serious.

With that said, while the Sixers can still come back in this series, it looks like the Celtics may have a little too much firepower. The Celtics are a fantastic team.
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri May 04, 2018 12:38 pm

FWIW, no one here expects the Celtics to go all the way. Their two best players are out for the season and no one wins an NBA title without their two best players. It's just not done. But they're busting their asses and as long as they do that, people will show up and support them.

Next year they should be able to make a serious run at a title.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri May 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Crow - I suspect people not wanting Lebron stems from - it's great for the time he is there but when he goes he leaves the franchise in ruins.

With their current core / draft stockpile the 76ers are set up for potentially having a 6-8 year run at East titles w/o Lebron. Lebron will come in as a max contract guy and he's got a lot miles on him - you'll make some finals but where will he leave you in 3-4 years?
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri May 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Yeah, I can understand your point.

However, I'll still take my chances with LeBron. While the Sixers are set-up beautifully right now, you never know what is going to happen. Embiid has been injury prone. Simmons missed an entire year already. Who knows what is going on with Fultz.

LeBron would instantly take the Sixers from a great team to a multiple championship caliber team.

In other words, King James would finish the process. 8-)
41-33.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat May 05, 2018 8:19 pm

The searing rampage I want to go on right now against the Sixers. I don't even know where to start :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Luckily, I didn't think they would get this far so that is the only way I am keeping my blood pressure down!!!!!!!!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun May 06, 2018 7:54 pm

I hope Bryan Colangelo has LeBron James' cell phone number on speed dial. We need him here next year. I don't know how that's even debatable now.

Heartbreaking loss, indeed.
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon May 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Sixers live to fight another day.

In essence they just delayed their own execution a few days.
41-33.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 am

I beg to differ crow- they will come back and take the series! Seriously, if Philly played half decent basketball, they should be up 3-1 at the moment. They were up 22 in game 2 and pooped the bed at the end of game 3. I really think this team will come back and win the series. If not, it will be a wakeup all to SImmons to dunk the ball with 2 hands. Plus, The King should be on his was here to flip the franchise!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue May 08, 2018 8:37 am

Ahhh, the Caps finally get over the hump and take down the Pens.

I'm far from a hardcore hockey fan but I enjoy it now and then. I have to say for me, playoff hockey is so much better to watch because you don't have nearly the amount of stupid fighting. That gets so old after a while.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed May 09, 2018 11:06 pm

SIxers absolutely blew this entire series!! Brett Brown needs to be held accountable because a good bit is his fault! The end of the Boston game was a complete clusterfuck and that goes on the coach. The one sport i truly understand is basketball and this whole series was a bunch of crap when it comes to play and coaching from the Sixers. I don't think Covington should be back as a Sixer. He made his money and apparently just chilled since Mid November. I am so ticked right now because the Sixers should have won this series.