Other Sports

PSUgrower

Re: Other Sports

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Tiger Woods is in contention at the Master's so it should be a really fun weekend!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 pm

There are a lot of foreign players at the top of the leader board. You're supposed to yell Noonan! whenever they putt, which you're obviously not doling.

Get with the program.
Fire Alex Cora

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am

Woods comeback is official! I am a huge Tiger fan as we are the same age. I was always on the team that said Tiger would win another major and possibly catch Jack. It would be awesome to see Tiger crush the competition this year!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Brady wins SB, Woods the Masters - shaping up as the year of the Old Man
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

ShoreLion

Postby ShoreLion » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am

The Canes crushed the Caps last night but Svech dropping his gloves on Ovi was a huge mistake. People are saying he's only 19 but hey, he's in the NHL playoffs now. What did he think would happen?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 pm

It will be interesting to see how this Luke Walton thing plays out. The victim spoke out and based on body language she seems credible IMO. I don't know her from a hole in the wall so I have zero clue on her background. I tend to side with victims who speak out because most of them have a lot to lose within their families, professional career, and personal life.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu May 30, 2019 9:26 pm

A few things on the NBA: Kawhi Leonard is probably the greatest player on earth right! He is a stud who can dribble, shoot, play defense, and is absolutely ripped. You cannot take the ball away from him because his paws are so big. I am rooting for the Raptors and I hope Leonard stays in Toronto.

As for the Sixers, Embiid needs to shut his pie hole and stop crying. Embiid needed to say his goodbye's to the raptors, head to the locker room, put a towel over your head and then you can sob like a baby. Nobody wants to see him crying like that on the court. Ben Simmons MUST get some sort of jumper. I went to a Sixers game and had great tix. Ben should the ball and has a sideways spin. He will NEVER be a good shooter with spin that way. It defies science because the ball always wants to spin away from the basket. I think the Sixers keep their starting 5 and this team has a whole season to work together.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:40 pm

I guess I am the only one who watches other sports on this board. Blues just went up 4-0 in game 7!! How I hate Boston! I am sure Dad's comeback will be that he is tired of celebrating championships over the last 15 years ;) .

Again, Kawhi is the greatest basketball on the planet! Someone mentioned that he might be on the autistic spectrum and I thought that was interesting. I think it makes sense. There was video before the game the other night where one of his colleagues tried to give him a fist bump. Kawhi clearly saw this and completely ignored him. I am not saying that mean's he has autism but those are social cues that can missed by a person on the spectrum. Again, I am not saying he has it. Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates are considered on the spectrum.

Might as well keep going about other sports- How about the women's soccer team crushing Thailand. I have zero issue with them piling on.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:53 pm

The Blues win the Lord Stanley's Cup and all I hear is booing during a time of celebration. Huh, I thought that would only happen in Philly :D

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 pm

The booing stunk. So did the celebratory f-bombs. But Brad Marchand crying.....I loved it.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.