Other Sports

PSUgrower

Re: Other Sports

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Crowbar wrote:I hope you're right. I not that optimistic though.

The Sixers on the other hand, are a legitimate championship caliber team.

If they finish 3 they will be on the same side of the bracket as Boston which is a good thing. Toronto is going to be tough this year. Realistically, Toronto should beat us if we were to play in the conference championship but we can dream! Embiid should be back by the start of the playoffs. We are on a 14 game winning streak but a lot of the teams are no better than an Under 12 AAU team.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Flyers - Pens are game on!!!

With that said, not to be a Debbie Downer, but the Pens win in 4. And they register at least 2 shutouts. :(

Sorry, have to be realistic.
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 pm

F word.
41-33.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 pm

we got them in game 2. I am actually glad we got our ass handed to us. There are no excuses after this. It is not like the Flyers can say that they came to the Burg and won a moral victory. This was a shellacking!

The Sixers continue their winning ways and waltz into the playoffs as the 3rd seed. I predict they go to at least the Eastern conference finals.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:13 am

Yes, they are going to have to come out full guns-a-blazing in game 2. That was embarrassing.

The Sixers are awesome. Nuff said.
41-33.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 am

The Flyers are in trouble. They lost Couturier because of a freak accident in practice. He was skating and hit another player. Neither player saw each other. That is a HUGE loss for this team. The Pens are a lot better but with him out we have zero chance. It was a good season.

The Sixers!!!! Embiid comes back and takes care of business. Embiid helps this team immensely because the defense can take chances on the perimeter and if they get beat the defense knows Embiid will take care of business in the lane. Not to mention, he is just ginormously awesome!!! Game on Saturday at 2:30

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 am

I must say, it was embarrassing to see some Flyers fans throwing debris on the ice last night.

The Flyers didn't lose the series because the refs missed the tripping call. They lost because in their 4 losses they gave up goal totals of 7, 5, 5 and 8 (respectively). And they were shut out twice, to boot.

The fact is the last time they won the Stanley Cup disco wasn't even relevant yet. And they are not even in the same class as the Penguins, or even the Capitals right now. They're just not. They need to get out if 1975, and soon. This is really frustrating.

Until then...

#FinishTheProcess
#41-33Forever
#KingeryIsABeast
41-33.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am

Crowbar wrote:I must say, it was embarrassing to see some Flyers fans throwing debris on the ice last night.

Death, taxes and Philadelphia fans being embarrassing. There are just some things you can count on in this life. :D

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Crowbar wrote:I must say, it was embarrassing to see some Flyers fans throwing debris on the ice last night.

The Flyers didn't lose the series because the refs missed the tripping call. They lost because in their 4 losses they gave up goal totals of 7, 5, 5 and 8 (respectively). And they were shut out twice, to boot.

The fact is the last time they won the Stanley Cup disco wasn't even relevant yet. And they are not even in the same class as the Penguins, or even the Capitals right now. They're just not. They need to get out if 1975, and soon. This is really frustrating.

Until then...

#FinishTheProcess
#41-33Forever
#KingeryIsABeast

I've been hearing it from flyers fans today about the refs and the no-call on the alleged tripping call. It happened directly in front of the ref. Letang's stick hit the puck first on a one-handed swipe. Couturier launched himself into the air like he was shot out of a cannon. How could a one handed swipe launch him a foot into the air? If anything, you could just as easily make a case for embellishment....like the ridiculous embellishment call against Hornquist in game 3 where he was face planted into the glass but tagged with a penalty. For the most part, the refs let the players play instead of assessing an emmert-load of ticky-tack penalties. As it should be in playoff hockey.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Flyers were taking stupid penalties against a deadly team. Also, the team kept turning the puck over and the Pens made them pay. I think the Flyers gave up 3 goals yesterday because a few idiot kept losing the puck in their own zone and the Pens scored

I think it was a tripping penalty that changed the complexity of the game. I was a surprised a call wasn't given since it turned into goal.