Other Sports

PSUgrower

Re: Other Sports

Postby PSUgrower » Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Crowbar wrote:Problem is, who would take him at that price?

Teams have money to burn at this point. There are a ton of tanking teams that would take him just so their payroll didn't look so lopsided.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Crowbar wrote:I know the NHL doesn't get a lot of love.

However, how insane would it be if the Vegas Golden Knights won the Stanley Cup in their first year of existence? The concept of the NHL having a team in Las Vegss is odd enough. But winning the whole thing in their first year would be crazy.

With that said, I think the Washington Capitals and Alex Ovechkin finally do it.

The new team drafting process for the NHL really helped this team. Things I read earlier in the season acted like the knights made out like bandits

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu May 31, 2018 4:57 pm

The NBA finals start tonight and I am still angry the Sixers are not in it. Anyway, Kevin Love missed game 7 and just got out of the concussion protocal so he can start tonight. Anyone see the actual hit on Love? Here it is:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778018-kevin-love-ruled-out-for-game-7-vs-celtics-with-concussion
He seems to be a bit of a pansy IMO. He was barely touched. LeBron got smashed, went to the locker room, and then came back out and finished the game a few weeks ago. Can't wait to have LeBron in Philly!!

BTW, this whole Bryan Colangelo burner Twitter accounts is crazy! Rumors are flying that it was his wife or it was Sam Hinkie trying to get his old job back (kidding of course). If it was his wife, I think you have to fire him. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. July 1st starts the offseason moves

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 am

However, how insane would it be if the Vegas Golden Knights won the Stanley Cup in their first year of existence? The concept of the NHL having a team in Las Vegss is odd enough. But winning the whole thing in their first year would be crazy.

With that said, I think the Washington Capitals and Alex Ovechkin finally do it.

I believe this one goes seven games, and I can't/won't pick a winner. The Caps and the Knights are each highly talented in different ways. The outcome will probably turn on one or two quirky scores and some puck luck along the way. Both Holtby and Fleury are on top of their game. In that I'm a dedicated Penguins fan, I would love to see Fleury hoist the cup a fourth time. I also admire the hell out of Ovechkin, the greatest goal-scorer of his generation, and wouldn't mind seeing him hoist the cup, either. Playoff hockey is hard to beat. I'm looking forward to five more games. I'm not looking forward to seeing the Knights' tediously silly pre-game vegas sideshow. I'll tune in late to miss that mishegoss.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am

You need to read more scripture. God only intended there to be 6 teams in the NHL. And a team in Las Vegas is the 4th Sign of the Apocalypse. We're doomed.
Klaatu barada nikto

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 am

Someone reminded me today (why, I have no idea) that the World Cup starts next week. I explained that my life is easier since the US didn't qualify and so I don't have to act that I care about soccer. I always say one of the best days every 4 years is when the US is knocked out of the World Cup and I can stop pretending. This cycle I don't even have to worry about that. Sweet!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 am

The good part is that most of the games will on from 8AM to 2PM EST. I have a TV in my home office. I may put it on, but I certainly won't be focused on it.

I'm not as put off by the USA not being in it. In it. Not in it. Either way, they had no shot. They're just WC fodder.
Klaatu barada nikto

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:03 am

PittGradPSUMad wrote:

I believe this one goes seven games, and I can't/won't pick a winner. The Caps and the Knights are each highly talented in different ways. The outcome will probably turn on one or two quirky scores and some puck luck along the way. Both Holtby and Fleury are on top of their game. In that I'm a dedicated Penguins fan, I would love to see Fleury hoist the cup a fourth time. I also admire the hell out of Ovechkin, the greatest goal-scorer of his generation, and wouldn't mind seeing him hoist the cup, either. Playoff hockey is hard to beat. I'm looking forward to five more games. I'm not looking forward to seeing the Knights' tediously silly pre-game vegas sideshow. I'll tune in late to miss that mishegoss.

Once again, my prognostication skills are on full display. So much for a seven game series. The Caps are making mince meat out of the Knights. Ovechkin is a beast. Conn Smythe winner, hands down. Did I just kill his chances by making that prediction?
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm not a big hockey fan by any stretch but I am definitely rooting for my "home" team to finish off the Knights. I've probably watched more hockey this playoff than every other time combined. I'll say this, hockey players are some tough MF'ers. I mean damn, the stuff that goes on away from the puck is just brutal. The shots they put up with before it actually comes to a fight is crazy, I'd be swinging constantly.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

It's astonishing to think that they played without helmets/masks for decades (including the goalies). Back then, virtually all hockey players had partial dentures for their missing front teeth.
Klaatu barada nikto