Where did the baseball thread go?

Blue&White

Re: Where did the baseball thread go?

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Looks like the Phillies new manager is former average outfielder Gabe Kapler. For those of you not familiar with Kapler, here is a good write up about him, his managerial style, and what some of his former subordinates think of him. Enjoy!

:lol:

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Blue&White wrote:The baseball thread vanished. I have no idea how that happened. Weird.

It's the dingo's fault. Obviously.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:42 am

Remember on the old thread how we all laughed at the Astros for taking on Verlander's contract because he wasn't hear the pitcher he used to be?

Me either.

I know he got the loss last night but I thought he was really impressive. He's been impressive since the Astros traded for him and has been mostly lights out in the post season. Last night his line was 6 IP, 2ER, 3H, 9Ks and 0BB. That's good enough to win. Not his fault he got no run support. The Dodgers hit the ball all over the park. That's a tough team to keep off the board. You don't put runs up, you're probably going to lose.

So, game 7 tonight. The smart money is on the Dodgers at home, but I wouldn't call it a sure thing by any stretch. If they can get to Darvish early and get to the Dodgers pen, it's anyone's game. I wonder if Kershaw pitches out of the pen on short rest. I'd bet we maybe see him for an inning, maybe the 7th. They can't keep working Jansen like they have. I know it's one more game, but he's got to be spent by now.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:45 am

I agree. I think the Dodgers pull it out tonight. I am rooting for them because my son is a fan of theirs and I would like to see Chase Utley (You are the Man!) win a second ring.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:14 pm

When they were debating whether or not to call the Chase Utley Rule because of a clean slide into Chase Utley, I had a vein sticking out of my head so far they probably saw it out in LA.

The only Chase Utley Rule I'm in favor of is one where everyone agrees that anytime he comes up to bat they are going to bean him. Otherwise, the whole thing is a crock. We didn't need a new rule to fix what happened in 2015. The umpires had rules at that time to penalize Utley and the Dodgers for that BS tackle of Tejada. What they lacked was the will to enforce them.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:19 pm

So much for the smart money.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:14 am

Blue&White wrote:Looks like the Phillies new manager is former average outfielder Gabe Kapler. For those of you not familiar with Kapler, here is a good write up about him, his managerial style, and what some of his former subordinates think of him. Enjoy!

:lol:

I just read a philly.com article about Kapler’s blog. The guy’s a nut. The Phillies hired a nut to manage their baseball team. He’d better win a lot of games quickly, or he and Klentak will both be on the street selling coconut oil.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 am

He also never managed. What an odd choice.