Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:38 pm

You know what made today awesome? I went into the Pret next to my NYC office to get my usual chicken and avocado salad and blood orange seltzer and they were giving out free chocolate chip cookies. Fresh out of the oven, too. There is nothing better than a hot, gooey, fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookie.

It's the little things in life that keep you going.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 pm

That reminds me of a story Robin Williams told many years ago when shopping for his first home in the hills above LA. After being let into one home and shown around, he and the broker ended up in the living room where he was told the asking price. He was stunned. The broker said "Well, wait until I open the window blinds. It has a great view." Williams replied "When you open those window blinds, I better see tits pressed up against the glass."

Chocolate chip cookies are nice, but I'd much rather not commute into NYC on a humid day wearing a suit unless there are tits pressed up against the glass.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Call me crazy, but hot gooey cookies are much more realistic. Don’t get me wrong, I would love naked tits any day of the week, but that just isn’t going to happen.

We have to go about our lives, and ideas of hope like that just make it more difficult if you ask me. A warm gooey cookie is great. Naked boobies would be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 pm

My comment was more about commuting in this God-awful weather wearing a suit than it was about CC cookies.

Ruth Graves Wakefield invented the chocolate chip cookie in the 1930s when she and her husband owned the Toll House Inn in Whitman, MA. How she never won a Nobel Prize is totally beyond me.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 pm

I agree with your last sentence but I assumed you comment was more about naked boobies. Probably a reflection of my reality more than yours. Not that I’m complaining or anything.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:00 pm

I figure it this way - today I had no choice but to a) schlep into NYC and b) wear a suit. Cookie or no cookie, that was my Wednesday reality.

So, running out to grab a healthy lunch and getting a free, hot, gooey chocolate chip cookie just made the day. That was totally unexpected. How often do you get a surprise that goes your way?
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:24 pm

It's official.....you're all going to spend eternity in hell.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 pm

I didn't invent boobs. God did. I'll be fine.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 am

PittGradPSUMad wrote:It's official.....you're all going to spend eternity in hell.

According to MSM that's the period between Nov 2016 and now
According to Fox News that was the period between 2008 and 2016
According to Orioles and Pirates fans that's been pretty much the mid 80s until now
According to Penn State fans that was from Nov 2011 to Oct 2016

And why aren't we starting a small shop on a street corner in a major city that sells warm chocolate chip cookies and beer - served by topless women. We had the eternities in hell .... can't we get a few minutes in heaven?
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am

And why aren't we starting a small shop on a street corner in a major city that sells warm chocolate chip cookies and beer - served by topless women.

You mean "topless women in yoga pants". You forgot the yoga pants. You add in some yoga pants, and mabye some whiskey, and you have one hell of a business case. We can even call the place "Warm Chocolate Chip Ccookies, Beer, and Whiskey Served by Topless Women in Yoga Pants". Sure, it's a big sign, but we wouldn't need to advertise. The idea sells itself.