Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 pm

_dad, I think you related that story earlier but I still love reading it!

The Boston chapter of the Alumni Association is top-notch.

They hold a BBQ every Summer for all the local kids starting their freshman year at Penn State. And they charter buses to shuttle Penn State students back & forth to school for all the breaks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.). I had to pay for the bus, but the cost was modest because they weren't trying to turn a profit.

The women at the BBQ who handed me the bus application form said "This, you definitely want to read!". She was right. :D
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am

I'm supposed to fly to the southeast coast tomorrow for a job interview. It's been an on-going process with an application, cover letter and resume, some written questions they wanted me to answer, then a Skype interview with a group of people which was delayed a week because of Florence and now my departure on Wednesday for an in-person interview Thursday morning. I'm thinking my return flight may be impacted by Michael. I'm starting to wonder if someone is trying to tell me something about this job.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am

Good luck. For whatever it's worth, at my company, once a person gets past the Skype interview, they're pretty much a shoe-in unless they show up for the in-person interview with their fly down and toilet paper stuck to their shoe.

Mrs psu_dad: You work wearing bunny slippers.
Me: But there's no toilet paper stuck to them.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am

Thank you. This would be a significant move both professionally and personally. I'm pushing 50 but I'm both excited and scared. I have a hunch this weekend will be filled with a lot of deep thought.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 am

Good luck, Shore. Hope you get the offer and then you have the option of making a decision, vs. having one made for you.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?