Random Thoughts Again

sameoldlama

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:I would run from that bottle of Lagavulin or Laphroig.....unless you enjoy the taste of iodine-laced medicine. I made the mistake of listening to Rolfe's review and bought a bottle. All I can say is YUK! My review would gone something like this after my initial taste: roadkill, moldy socks, old tennis shoes and just a touch of dryer lint on the tongue...now I'm getting a finish redolent of stale gym bag with just a touch of sweat. Yummy.

Hope that helps.

When I had radiation treatment and lost function of salivary glands and taste buds that is what pretty much everything tasted liked - for three months.

Reading this thread makes me glad I never graduated beyond being a beer drinker - having a drink should not be as complicated as all this sounds.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm

sameoldlama wrote:Reading this thread makes me glad I never graduated beyond being a beer drinker - having a drink should not be as complicated as all this sounds.

Serves a purpose, lama. It's keeping me off the Politics thread.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:29 pm

I agree. Nothing beats a finely crafted beer. And I don't drink that much that I need a large variety of adult beverage types to stave off boredom. Between beer, an occasional glass of wine (whatever my wife picks out) and an occasional vodka (Stolichnaya) martini, I'm content. Boring, but content.

If the Scotch ads are accurate, I'll probably never get boinked on a yacht by a bevy of supermodels. Oh well.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:35 pm

I would run from that bottle of Lagavulin

I should invite you, my BIL, my SIL and JG for Thanksgiving. It would be like the Jerry Springer Show.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:50 pm

I'll bring the Trump hand puppets.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Ok, the is an international Scotch police. Who knew? And I now have a new dream job.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Yes ... and their Legal Affairs Department is responsible for (among other things) "stopping any mis-representation that states or suggests a whisky is Scotch Whisky, or comes from Scotland, when that isn't the case."

They claim Scotch is worth $4B in exports a year to Scotland. And they seem very serious about protecting that.
I wonder if they have a SWAT team.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:44 pm

When I want to go high brow there is only one name that can possibly come to mind.......Southern Comfort, the grand drink of the South!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Charles Manson died :D

Malcolm Young died :cry:

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:13 pm

One of the things I've always admired about Aussies is their self-deprecating sense of humor. Years ago, I saw an interview with Malcolm and Angus Young. They were asked about a critical article written by an L.A. rock critic. Malcolm's response was: "That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He said we've made 9 albums that all sound alike. We've made 10 albums that all sound alike."