PittGradPSUMad wrote:I would run from that bottle of Lagavulin or Laphroig.....unless you enjoy the taste of iodine-laced medicine. I made the mistake of listening to Rolfe's review and bought a bottle. All I can say is YUK! My review would gone something like this after my initial taste: roadkill, moldy socks, old tennis shoes and just a touch of dryer lint on the tongue...now I'm getting a finish redolent of stale gym bag with just a touch of sweat. Yummy.
Hope that helps.
When I had radiation treatment and lost function of salivary glands and taste buds that is what pretty much everything tasted liked - for three months.
Reading this thread makes me glad I never graduated beyond being a beer drinker - having a drink should not be as complicated as all this sounds.