Random Thoughts Again

Carl Spackler

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:47 pm

psu_dad wrote:I'm all set for the next Indy 500. And people better get out of my way because I'm going to tear up the track. After that? The 24 Hours of Le Mans.

That's past you bed time dad, you'll need a relief driver, my wife has a lead foot.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 pm

I think dad nailed it when he said they are lucky we celebrate stupidity in this country. It boggles my mind that there is anyone who would contribute to a Go Fund Me site for them.

Not to be one of these old, I walked barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways to school types, but there was a time when the likes of Johnny Carson would have mercilessly roasted these two on his show. And they would have deserved it. Now we set-up Go Fund Me pages for people like this. :roll:

Even if somehow they sailed around the world without incident, what were they planning to come back to?
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm

my wife has a lead foot.

So does mine. Her nickname in her HS yearbook was "A.J." And no, I'm not joking. It's mind-boggling that she's NEVER gotten a speeding ticket. She's never even been pulled over. It's like she has this weird built-in police detector.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm

My wife has helium hands. They only go up. That's why she can turn light switches on all the time, but the downward motion required to turn them off is just beyond her capability.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:46 am

In case it isn't obvious yet, I really want one of those little Shriner cars. I'm going to start a GoFundMe page. And if I don't see some serious contributions from people on NF.com, come next Festivus the Airing of Grievances is going to be extremely unpleasant.

Mrs psu_dad: Why don't you just join the Shriners?
Me: My plan is easier. Butt out.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:49 pm

I also think I need to go to this funding page for legitimate reasons, therefore no cash will be raised. One must study the big funded projects and correlate the similarities to place a successful beg for cash request. Stupidity has been established, I'm looking for deeper reasons like gullibility, PC-ness, non GMO, low fat. Guess that's my list so far.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 pm

At least 16 dead in a school shooting in Florida. Time for Congress to dust off the "thoughts and prayers" template.
#Emmertknew

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Right? The one thing we know is that that template doesn’t work. Color me cynical, but there needs to be some serious gun reform legislation. I know that unpopular with the old conservatives in our population, but this shit doesn’t happen anywhere else. To be clear, I am not one of those bleeding heart liberals who are out to get your guns. Those are just a little more prevalent than unicorns. We need some kind of real scrutiny for those looking for weapons that serve no purpose unless your are in armed forces or police departments. If you need a semi automatic weapon that can take out dozens of humans in a few moments, you need to be screened to figure out why. I know this will not come to fruition because we have sent too many of our nations innocent children to early graves and it hasn’t happens this far. In a word, it is a disgrace to the potential of an otherwise great nation. But that’s just my humble opinion.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Well, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of sweeping gun legislation.

Like most, I am not in favor of overturning the second amendment. That would be, well, unconstitutional and unenforceable. It's simply not realistic.

However, I don't understand the need to own assault weapons or weapons similar to them. If you need an AK to shoot Bambi, you shouldn't be hunting. Period.

Sadly, all we can do is offer our thoughts and prayers to the victims and their loved ones. So sad. :cry:
41-33.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:31 pm

I agree with you all the way to the last paragraph, crowbar. Not that i refuse to offer prayers, sympathies or condolences, but I disagree that it is “ all we can do.” I tent to think it is more like “all we are allowed to do” because now isn’t this time to talk about gun legislation. Now is never the time. I am not interested in banning guns. I don’t know anybody who is, but I assume some are out there. I want common sense checks to make sure one is competent and fit prior to purchasing a gun. I accept that it’s a pipe dream but I don’t have to like it.