Random Thoughts Again

PittGradPSUMad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:11 am

Civilization as we know it is coming to a rapid conclusion. How do I know this, you ask? I just saw on my comcast webpage, which I hardly pay attention to, that Keeping Up With the Kardashians is still on tv. Realizing there are more important things in life to get your undies in a twist about, I am still compelled to ask: why oh f&%#ing why? What does it say about our society that a pack of know-nothing morons can become multi-millionairesses for doing absolutely nothing? No response is required. This is simply a rhetorical question that allows me to release a primal scream without upsetting Mrs. Mad. She's already convinced that I've lost my mind. No need to provide further evidence.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:39 am

I don't understand the appeal of most of the "reality" TV shows. The majority are obviously not real (Cops might be I suppose). Most of real life is pretty boring. It's punctuated by occasional bursts of drama, which the " reality" TV shows simply manufacture.

When my son was in college (before his brain was fully developed) he tried to get me to watch this show where they dropped some guy off in the middle of nowhere and he had to find his way back to civilization while foraging for food and shelter with nothing but a hunting knife. At one point, he found some insects in the bark of a tree that he claimed were high in protein and had lunch.

ME: Why doesn't he just ask the camera crew for a sammich?
SON: Maybe you should watch something else.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:39 pm

I love the one girl who literally spent herself into bankruptcy trying to become the next Instagram "star" by spending herself into oblivion on designer clothes, exotic trips, etc. Not only did her dream of becoming an Instagram "star" fail miserably, she is now tens of thousands in credit card and other debt.

I can only shake my head in disbelief at the thought processes of some people.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Apparently some lunatic in Houston is sending bombs to black people. 3 of them since March 2nd. 2 fatalities so far and a number of injuries.

WTF is wrong with people? I hope they catch this asshat, quickly, and put a stop to him.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm

I wrote "Houston" but it's "Austin"
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm

I heard it was Austin but are the targeting black people? It's horrible no matter the target but wow. :(
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:34 pm

So far the victims have been black and Hispanic. It's probably too soon to say if that is coincidence or not.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:13 pm

According to an article I read roughly half of Millenials are going through a "quarter life crisis." Maybe there is something to this. It just sounds funny though.
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:18 am

I weep for the future.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm

My wife explains their performances daily, I too weep. :shock: :o :(
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt