Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm

telling.colleagues that he had had "wet dreams" about her ...

Well. At least he can plead insanity. If I ever had a "colleague" tell me something like that, I'd flat out soil my pants within two seconds. Three, tops. I've obviously led a very sheltered life. I've worked with a few PITAs, but never with someone who was nucking futs.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:50 pm

So it seems that NBC is now investigating itself regarding Lauer, the culture of misogyny, etc., etc. I smell a new sitcom pilot coming out of this.

:lol:

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:14 pm

If all this is confusing simply quit applying logic, reason, proportionality, due process and all the bedrocks our society and legal system should be based upon.

Remember all the social media mob needs is an accuser and accusation and an accused. All transgressions are capital offenses.

All the media and politicians need is to determine which way the wind blowing and how close the fire is getting to them. They never got past the development of Id.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:27 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:So, contrast that against reports that Congressman Blake Farenthold, (R) Texas, used taxpayer money to settle a suit brought against him by his former communication director. Allegedly, farenthold...which appropriately rhymes with a-hole....harassed this woman for years, telling.colleagues that he had had "wet dreams" about her, among other atrocities. He denies culpability but claims to have settled for $84 million because he wanted to save taxpayers money. Isn't that like saying you shot someone to death because you knew they'd eventually die anyway? Jeeezuz! We are living in the bizarro world.

Correcting this to say $84,000.....not million. Which still outrages me to the nth degree.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:30 pm

sameoldlama wrote:If all this is confusing simply quit applying logic, reason, proportionality, due process and all the bedrocks our society and legal system should be based upon.

Remember all the social media mob needs is an accuser and accusation and an accused. All transgressions are capital offenses.

All the media and politicians need is to determine which way the wind blowing and how close the fire is getting to them. They never got past the development of Id.

Don't you remember "The serious of the charge requires an investigation!" Anyone can make a serious charge but where is the back up info? In their minds? As you noted due process is far to slow in our get the headline first and figure if it is real later if at all.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

ABC is reporting that a boarder wall prototype is getting tested. I think that is about the funniest thing I've ever heard of. What kind of testing do you need to do for a wall?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:01 pm

The prototype walls were designed to be difficult to climb and difficult to dig under. I suppose that's what they're testing. They should probably just use a force field, like on Star Trek.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:52 pm

So, it looks like I have to become a fan of the William and Mary Tribe... My son just got an email welcoming him to the class of 22!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Congratulations, Lion. I'm a year away from this impending financial disaster.

Dad - testing on climbing? That doesn't make this any less hilarious.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 pm

The government procurement process defies parody. It's a mind-boggling mish-mash of rules, regulations and procedures.