Random Thoughts Again

LioninVa

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby LioninVa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I’m guessing that was not the channels A-Team.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:01 am

Blue&White wrote:hey, you want a dog? I can get you a dog, believe me. There are ways, Mad. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a dog by 3 o'clock this afternoon ... fully spayed or neutered.

(seriously, though, I can help get you a dog).

I do want a dog and would glady rescue one but for one small problem...it's a management problem. Seems after decades of living with dogs and cats, Mrs. Mad wants to live pet-free. She wil retire at the end of the school year and wants us to be free to pick up and go without having to worry about the pets. Otherwise, I would have found another setter by now. I love dogs. I am a happier person when I have a dog. Mrs. Mad needs to be happy, too.....you know, happy wife, happy life.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 am

As an aside, I feel as though my life has meaning when I see yet another Big Lebowski convert cross over and embrace the Dude. And Walter. And Donnie who loved bowling.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

I am a happier person when I have a dog.

Everyone is happier when they have a dog. If more people had dogs there would be less bad in the world.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:41 am

Perhaps, but if less people had dogs, there would be less need for shelters.

Whenever a young person or couple who has never owned a dog asks me about getting one, I always try to talk them out of it. I explain to them that their life is going to seriously change. That they can't just go out to dinner right from work any longer. That they can't just take off for the weekend, unless they have someone willing to care for the dog. It's not like getting a goldfish.

I figure if they're really determined, they'll ignore me. And if they're not really determined, then they probably shouldn't get one anyway.
Fire Alex Cora.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:55 am

I think what we really need is more dogs in government. Dogs actually running things. Think of the heated arguments leading up to the peoplecatcher election - round the clock ad saturation, but not showing resident idiots Moore and Jones - think labradoodle vs schnauzer. Intelligence vs tenacity. Longhair vs allergy-free. Mastiff vs toy. We can dream...

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am

I was ready to write in my dogs in the 2012 election. I regret not doing it in 2016.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am

As long as Standard Poodles are excluded. They annoy me for some reason.

Year ago, when Pierce Brosnan was popular (and younger) I heard two morning radio guys talking about him. One of them said he couldn't stand Brosnan. When his partner asked why he said: I don't know. He just gives off a vibe that says "I'm good-looking and you're not".

Just like Standard Poodles.
Fire Alex Cora.

tempe

Postby tempe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:47 am

It is unreal that we do not eat dogs in this nation. It makes NO logical sense at all - none.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:25 am

tempe wrote:It is unreal that we do not eat dogs in this nation. It makes NO logical sense at all - none.

And the Irish. I can't believe we don't eat the Irish. There is sure enough of them and not eating them also makes no logical sense.
#Emmertknew