Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:27 am

I may have done that. Probably. I did things as a kid that I'm embarrassed about if I think about it today. I bet everyone has those moments in their childhod. Kids do stupid things and we were all kids. The stupidity of our childhood is forgiveable, or at least it should be.

What I reacted to was what seemed to be an attitude that it was ok because you were a kid. It wasn't ok. I get a 14 year old may not get that, but an adult should. That was my point.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:27 am

Impossible. Women burned their bras years ago. Plus I had more girls grab me than vise versa.

My best days were "judging" the kissing contests on the band bus which was infinitely better than "judging" the kissing contests on the football players bus.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 pm

I grew up in a small farm town in Lancaster county. There is a small oil company that has been providing heating oil to the citizens of the town for decades. The company grew over the past 20 years years and branched out in a good way. Well, that all changed because their asshat CEO, who was not part of the family, stole millions of dollars from the company. I went to school with the family and they are really good people and did a lot int he community! It sucks that 1 asshole can completely change dozens of lives! The company also had a small convenience store and that has to close too. Close to 200 people had to be left go. This is when we need to go back to the old days where we can drag this dickhead through the street and let the public take care of them.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:25 am

And now for something completely disturbing: Science teacher feeds puppy to snapping turtle in front of class.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:57 pm

I'm not reading that article. A puppy? Jeezus.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:59 pm

Ditto. I wouldn't click that link if my life depended on it.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:24 pm

I'll save you the trouble and tell you the punch line - the a-hole is looking at 6 months in jail.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

This story is several months old - he was simply charged this week.

Backstory is, as a science teacher he kept multiple reptiles (snakes, turtles) and was actually a well liked teacher. He previously did demonstration in which he fed the animals rodents and no one gave an Emmert. Reportedly the puppy was deformed and not expected to survive and the teacher just saw this as the "circle of life". However, if he grew up in America he should have been completely aware our society doesn't equate rodents and puppies. The scientific lesson that some animals prey on other animals or eat carrion is something worthwhile for kids to learn - this clearly was not well thought out way to impart that lesson.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Reportedly the puppy was deformed and not expected to survive

Then it should have euthanized, not tortured.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Then it should have euthanized, not tortured.

This.

The is never an excuse for cruelty. Nature may be cruel but people don't have to be.