Random Thoughts Again

sameoldlama

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm not defending the guy - he should recognize in our culture people place a high emotional value on dogs as they are domesticated pets. There are places on planet where his actions wouldn't raise an eyebrow, there are cultures where a just about any animal could end up as lunch. We chow down on hamburgers like it is an Olympic sport - some cultures take issue with that - if it had been a rat nobody would care - but it being an animal adored in American culture - big problem - and he should have known that.

Think of the conversation Hans Landa had with the French dairy farmer or Jules and Vincent had in the diner.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:17 pm

I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that he likes feeding live animals to predators.
Klaatu barada nikto

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Given a wild snapping turtle is very unlikely to encounter a deformed puppy in the wild he could have just as easily demonstrated his point with a goldfish or mouse would lend credence to that theory.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:04 pm

He apparently used rodents in the past and no one batted an eye. But, that's traumatic for a kid. It would be traumatic for me.
Is it baseball season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:52 pm

I have seen a snake eat a rat or mouse (it was nearly 39 years ago and I am not sure). It was not what I consider inhimane as the snake struck the rodent and knocked it our before swallowing it. I doubt a snapping turtle could do that. Being in the “I’m not clicking that link” camp, I may never know...

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 pm

We had a snow day in March so the admin got an exception and the students do not have to make up the day. My make up day is Friday and the last 5 years I have entered a golf tournament on that day. So... personal day here I come! There is one problem, I have to make up the inservice :cry: Here is the new way to get people to actually watch a training on the internet. So far I have gone through 80+ slides. Each slide is anywhere between 50 seconds and 8 minutes. Each slide is narrated by a dude so you cannot just fly through it.

BTW- some of the things in the training are absolutely hilarious and scary at the same time. The training is on who and what teachers should report to the authorities (thanks Sandusky and Nassar). Here is an example of what you are not allowed to do. You are driving with a student in your car. Did you know that you cannot drive by a strip club and joke that the both of you should stop in their next time! First off, I understand how someone could make that joke. But what I don't understand is how a teacher thinks that is an okay thing to say to a student!

tempe

Postby tempe » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 pm

No sure if this was mentioned, but the "game and whatever" people took the illegal snapper and killed it. What a world.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 pm

On the train after 2.5 days in NYC for non-stop negotiations. Well, maybe not non-stop. We stopped long enough Tuesday for me to watch the Mets debacle. But, yesterday was a long day.

Anyway, the technical lead for the other side was a Low Talker. I'm pretty sure one of my people agreed to wear a puffy shirt at some point.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 pm

You should have gotten all your people a Snickers bar during one of the breaks and given them knives & forks with which to eat them. You would have OWNED the negotiations.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:30 pm

What makes you think I didn't?