Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 24, 2018 11:45 am

There are a lot of young, attractive women where I work. It would never occur to me that it would be ok to start lifting up their skirts or grabbing them.

These are not innocent mistakes. There is no way to argue they didn't know it was wrong.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 24, 2018 11:58 am

It seems to indicate a sense of entitlement that I can't even wrap my mind around. One that would make Louis XVI blush. I doubt Mr. Freeman considered whether it was right/wrong. He did it because he could and that was enough for him, apparently.

Who knows. I wasn't a Psych major.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu May 24, 2018 12:06 pm

I am, in no way, advocating anyone taking advantage of another person in a sexual manner. I will add, however, if it weren't for the moderate effects of alcohol and some arguably aggressive behavior, my wife and I might never have gotten together. And, it isn't what you think...

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu May 24, 2018 12:47 pm

there is a huge difference between physically grabbing someone who doesn't want to be touched and being a little aggressive. I doubt these women wanted him lifting up their skirts.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu May 24, 2018 1:01 pm

I was not arguing that at all, Grower. Just saying that the current environment must have guys on the singles scene really off of their game.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 24, 2018 1:06 pm

My wife made the same comment about how tough it must be to be single right now. But, I actually don't think so. If you're game plan for meeting women involves lifting their skirts to see if they have underwear on, or calling them up and jerking off while talking to them as a means of trying to get them to go out with you, you probably had other issues.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Social interactions involve some gray areas and the current environment would scare me somewhat were I single, But workplace interactions are a different animal entirely. Treating co-workers in a sexually aggressive way on the job as Mr. Freeman did is a black & white area, not a gray one.

He's old (80?). Maybe he thought the Dirty Old Man Shtick would be dismissed as harmless. He was wrong.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 pm

I completely agree with Dad and do not agree with Lion and Bdub.

Use your common sense when dealing with women while you are single. How owuld the current climate have dudes off their game? Why can't you still use horrible pick up lines or straight up tell a girl she is hot? Most of these women who are coming have to do with groping that crossed lines. I don't think there would be a problem if you accidentally groped a woman at the bar because you were picking up wrong signals. Most people apologize after they make that mistake. But if you groped her again and she said knock it off now we start to see a pattern

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu May 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Again, I stated it wasn’t what you think for me. That means I was not the more aggressive one. Not that I am complaining, it became mutual as it progressed.

I am not arguing that what these celebrities did was right. Maybe they feel entitled or whatever. Maybe the women envolved were afraid to say anything due to celebrity status. Maybe these guys are all assholes. I don’t know. None of that makes it right.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 24, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm curious what I said that grower doesn't agree with.