Random Thoughts Again

Shane

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Shane » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am

I would also make sure that both are filed with the same marital status. Is one married and the other single? Or one Married filing jointly and one married filing separate? Just a thought of something to check.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Good luck, we need a refund for my retirement wing of the mansion.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:19 pm

There will will be plenty of room. He'll probably end up doing 5-7 years for tax evasion.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:57 am

So there is a chance? Foreclosure? Tax Fraud? Drama? This sounds like politics.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 am

So, after combing through both returns, the difference is that credit karma deducts my state and local taxes along with federal taxes to get adjusted gross income total while Turbo Tax does not. That turns out to be the difference in owing $999 to the fed vs. owing $70. Trouble is, I'm not sure which one is correct and need to find out today so's I can avoid spending the rest my life in a windowless cell living on bread and water. Besides, I want make sure dear leader has enough tax money to pay for his big, beautiful military parade. Additionally, TT calculates taxes on my pensions and social security to inform me that I owe a hefty sum to Pa on my state taxes. Pa does not tax pensions or SS for us geezers living in geezervania...that, I know for certain. CK calculated my Pa tax bill at $4 while TT says I owe $336. Something is effed up here.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:56 am

I don't know why TT would not deduct state and local taxes. It should. That's correct.

These are not big numbers. If you go with Credit Karma, and there is a mistake, they will bill you the difference. Take a shot and go with the lower number and just keep some cash on the side in case. But, a number under $1,000 won't result in any big impact. Yes, you'll pay a little in interest but my guess is it still comes out to less than what TT is telling you.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:18 am

Just to show my heart is in the right place, I baked a cake for Mad. But I need directions to the Federal Penitentiary in Lewisburg. And the visiting hours, if anyone has them handy.

Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 am

Watching the Amazon Prime show that covers the Wolverines football team from last season.

The knock on John Harbaugh is that he is eccentric, off the wall, and has a hard time relating to people.

This behind the scenes show does NOTHING to disprove that view.

The man is a full blown oddball. I don't know if Michigan thought this would serve as great PR for their program but honestly it seems like the opposite.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Assume you've all now seen the story of the ridiculous arrest of 2 black men in a Starbucks the other day. Starbucks has apologized, apparently they have removed the manager who called the police from her position (not clear if she's been fired or transferred) and the CEO has offered to meet with the men. Protesters are not satisfied and are calling for the location to be closed.

I'm not sure that's sufficient, though. It should be burned down, the earth it stood upon salted so nothing can grow there, and the employees, their families, friends and neighbors should all be executed. Their wealth should be seized and distributed to people more worthy to possess it. Frankly, I consider anything less than that an acknowledgment that this situation isn't being taken seriously enough and there should be riots. With fires and looting and stuff like that.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm

One would think UM would want the most positive spin, maybe they think this is positive spin from JImmy, who knows. I agree that he is a bit of a strange bird. Watching post game press conferences confirms that one. Glad they are stuck with him and if his trajectory continues I believe we will be happy for them to keep him.