Random Thoughts Again

Carl Spackler

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Much of my days are made up of random thoughts, particularly since late August. Eating is one of the few joys remaining and with dental surgery for an implant last week that is a challenge. I was told to keep my heart rate down three days prior to THE GAME, imagine that.

I hope mowing is done for the season as I don't think I could do it again this year by myself. Just removing the deck and attaching the snow blade will be a challenge.

I just found out today that Trace is not his given name, random? All the marbles is his real name or ATM for short.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Some lunatic drove his truck down the bike path of the West Side Highway in lower Manhattan (reports have him driving the "wrong way down the bike path" as if there is a "right way" a truck can drive on a bike path). It was a deliberate act and it went on for several blocks. He's killed at least 6 people and that number may increase as more were hurt. It seems he crashed the truck and then got out and witnesses report he had a gun. The NYPD was on the scene and shot the guy. The killer is alive and in custody.

And so it goes.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Another lunatic shot up a church in Texas during Sunday morning services this morning. 26 dead, 20 injured.

And so it continues.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:42 pm

The ex-POTUS described it as an "act of hatred". The current POTUS described it as an "act of evil". I'm not sure how either of them know this and are able to rule the out the possibility that that he was insane.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Isn't that a given, though? What sane person does something like that?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 am

Apparently this Devin Patrick Kelley crackpot was previously court-martialed by the Air Force for assaulting his wife and young child. He received 12 months confinement (jail) and a BC discharge. Yet, he was still able to buy firearms??? Did he just lie about his criminal history? Or doesn't a military conviction carry over to the civilian side?

I understand there are differences between military and civilian courts. But WTF???
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:40 am

I thought that a dishonorable discharge was equivalent to a felony conviction and showed up as such on your criminal record. Do we know he bought the guns legally? Has that been established?

Edit: it is established he bought the gun at a San Antonio sporting goods store. So, I guess the question is "how" was he allowed to do that?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:11 am

I believe you are correct about a dishonorable discharge showing up as a felony conviction (though a BC discharge is nothing to brag about).

At the same time he was still convicted in a court of law of spousal and child abuse. Civilian or military court shouldn't matter in this instance (at least IMHO).

So, yes, someone has some serious explaining to do how he was able to legally buy firearms.
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:05 am

Probably won't amount to much. There will be a couple weeks of proselytizing and demands for reform by the media and politicians (harumph-harumph-harumph) ... there will be a short-term surge in gun sales as a result ... and then it will all disappear like a fart in the wind.

Rinse and repeat.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 am

So, on a less morose topic - last Friday a friend and I stopped for happy hour on our way home from work. The bar we stopped at was playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It was hard to hear but I got to thinking I hadn't listened to that album in years. I have a copy of the CD that I bought in the mid-80s. It sounded like someone held a tap recorder up to a tape of the album and then burned that recording onto a CD. I guess that was the technology at the time. So, while sitting at the bar, I went onto Amazon and ordered a "digitally remastered" copy of the CD. It arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon and I listened to side 1 on my drive to the gym this morning.

All I can say is "wow". The quality is amazing. My friends and I listened to that album over and over back in high school, usually while partaking in substances we should not have been partaking in, but it's been a long time since I've really listened to that album. It is a work of pure genius.

Can't wait to listen to side 2 on the drive home.