Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I am pretty sure it said visit the high point, not the low point.

Btw, Death Valley is not the lowest point in the US. The lowest point in the US is the former Wallmart building now being used to cage children who's parents brought them here seeking asylum.

Just don't call them "cages". Seems the border patrol people are uncomrtable having the cages called cages. Seriously.
Is it baseball season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Blue&White wrote:Each of the 50 states has its own unique high point, from the 14,505-foot Mount Whitney in California to Delaware’s roadside Ebright Azimuth (442 feet)

Yet another reason to be embarassed for Delaware. 442 feet? It's like they are not even trying.

State motto: Small Wonder...very small. it's on a street corner at the PA state line. You can be run over by a bus attaining the high point, or get mugged, or propositioned or arrested for speeding or.........
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm

The lowest point in the US is the former Wallmart building now being used to cage children who's parents brought them here seeking asylum.

If you show up seeking asylum at a port of entry, you will not be separated from your children. If you enter the country illegally, are arrested by ICE, and then retroactively claim you were seeking "asylum", you may be separated from your children until your case is processed, What do you suggest? That the children be placed in the same jails as their parents? Or that we just give blanket immunity to people who enter illegally with children?

PS - Try this. Next April 15th, send the IRS a letter indicating you are tired of getting sodomized every year and aren't paying any more. I guarantee you will be "separated" from your children.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Dad, there you go again, making sense........

Of course the truth is different that the tripe the MSM is feeding the masses and the far left is salivating over it....until the facts are shown that this is an Obama holdover policy, not a Trump policy......
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 pm

until the facts are shown that this is an Obama holdover policy, not a Trump policy......

Here's a fun fact - that's an outright lie that is being pushed by the scumbag in chief. It's not true. It has never been true. The Obama administration NEVER separated families this way. It never, ever happened. I defy you, or anyone else, to find a single instance where it did. What the Obama administration did do is take kids that had come unaccomponied with an adult, take custody of them, and hold them until they sent them back where they came from. And, evern that was morally suspect. But, they never, ever took children from their parents and incarcerated them in cages and used them as a cudgel to push a political agenda. It never happend, Carl. It's a lie.

If you show up seeking asylum at a port of entry, you will not be separated from your children

Two things:

First - bullshit. Total and complete bullshit. They have absolutely done this to people who seeking asylum at a port of entry and followed US law. There are several law suits going on right now over this. It is absolutely happening. At least the ACLU has a number of lawsuits going on right now over that exact question.

Second - crossing the boarder is a misdeamnor. There is no requirement to go through the steps they are going through. It is being done exactly to justify the taking of children and using them as pawns. And, your "April 15" comeback is fucking ridiculous. This isn't throwing me in jail. It's throwing the kids in jail. They are living in cages. Without proper care. The other children in the cages have to change the diapers of the younger kids because the brave souls working for the Department of Homeland Security can't be bothered to treat these children as human beings. I don't know how you can take toddlers form their mothers, stick them in cages, and not put a gun in your mouth at the end of the day.

We are better than this. Or, we used to be. Now I'm not so sure.

This is not a matter of disagreeing on a political issue. This is a matter of morality.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:47 pm

This is a matter of morality.

Then there's nothing further to discuss. I bow to your moral superiority.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm

It is unfathomable to me that anyone can justify taking children from their parents and sticking them in cages 20 or 30 at a time where the lights are on 24/7. How anyone can look at that and not see the immorality of it is simply beyond me. These are children who have done absolutely nothing wrong. Most of these families are coming here looking for an escape from from places where they are not safe. To just shrug that off and think "hey, they crossed a line on a map and didn't exactly file the procedure correctly so it's ok" is simply beyond my comprehension.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:14 pm

It is my understanding that the recent controversy is due to the implementation of a zero tolerance policy that is impacting immigrants on the southern border regardless of where they enter and if they are attempting to come in legally.

It is my opinion that the Trump administration implemented this policy to force the demand of that stupid wall.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 pm

That's not your understanding. It's your misunderstanding.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:35 pm

What is incorrect?