Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 am

Decaf coffee is about as useful as sugar free ice cream.

It's infinitely more useful than high blood pressure.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 am

I'm happy to move to less contentious topics, too.

So, here's one - I am back in NYC today and it is freaking sweltering. I look like I swam from Penn Station to my office this morning. I'm only in pants and a shirt today - no jacket and no tie - but man it's freaking humid out there. The air is about liquid.

Is it fall yet?
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:54 am

We had a monster thunder storm last night. I thought it might bring some relief from the humidity. It did not.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 am

Same down here.

Here is another random thought - about 13 years ago I bought a non-name grill at Lowes and it just died a few weeks ago. I got my money and a half out of that thing. So, I just bought a new Weber grill in early June. It has a grease trap underneath it that is not located in any kind of housing. So, it's at dog-eye level and accessible to dogs. So, as you can imagine, it's my dogs favorite place. At first we thought it was funny but then we found out that eating that grease can make them really sick.

I just ordered an Xpen to put as a barrier around the BBQ so the dogs can't reach the trap. For now, we put the cover on to keep them from getting to it but we can't do that while it's cooking (obviously) and need to wait a few hours for it to fully cool down before we put the cover back on. And, that interval is all my dogs need to feed on the grease.

None of this changes the fact that I can't stop sweating, btw.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:03 am

Not to get too graphic, but I think my new nickname is "pits".

This is going to be a long day.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 am

I have had 3 gas grills over the past 20 years, all from Home Depot not no-name brands. One had limited protection on the back of the grill so you had to be careful flipping the food. A friend was doing a ton of burgers for a party we had and two slipped off and fell behind the grill. That became my dogs favorite spot!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 am

I just bought a new Weber grill in early June. It has a grease trap underneath it that is not located in any kind of housing.

II bought a Weber gas grill a few years ago and the grease trap (and propane tank) are contained in a cabinet with a door. Perhaps there's an opening in the back I didn't notice that a dog could poke its head into.

I think I paid twice as much for the Weber than any other grill I've owned, but it's a GREAT grill. All the parts seem much sturdier than those on the no-name grills. Time will tell, I guess.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 am

I spent the extra money to get the Weber. So far, my only complaint is the dog friendly grease trap. But, for another $35 I was able to find a solution.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 am

Blue&White wrote:I'm happy to move to less contentious topics, too.

In business I pride myself on "seeing what's coming" in terms of project planning and also in anticipating responses from customers when we make statements.

I have to say, when I posted that pic of Death Valley I did not see that exchange coming. I will work on posting less controversial pics.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 am

It's mostly B&W's fault. He's the reason we can't have nice things.