Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Speaking of a random thoughts, I mentioned before the TV minister selling a small vial of water that would solve all problems. I just came across another one selling a small vial of oil that would solve all problems. Should I go with the water or the oil? Or should I just buy a 6-pack of Pilsner Urquell?

I'm confused.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:16 pm

They found him hiding under a desk ... unarmed

Unarmed you say? And they didn't shoot him. How novel.

P.s. go with the 6 pack.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Discount boner bills AND spiritual guidance. This place rocks.

Hey. What happened to the boner pills?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:00 am

The lunatic who shot up the newspaper yesterday had a history with them. He didn't like how they covered news on him years early when he was accused of stalking someone. He sued them for defamation and he lost. He apparently represented himself and sued everyone who disagreed with him. Apparently that included laywers, judges, and journalists. He lost at every avenue. I guess this was his version of the appeal.

One thing I found interesting was a comment by Sara Sanders. She said "A violent attack on innocent journalists doing their job is an attack on every American". I agree. Hopefully this incident helps tone down some of the nasty rhetoric about the press from Trump and his administration. And, yes, I realize that this loon had a grudge that predated Trump and his near calls for violence against the press, but it's easy to see how he felt this was ok in the current climate. At least the official White House spokesperson seemed to think it was necessary to put out a statement that completely distanced the administration from violence. And, good for her for doing so.

Anyway, here we are again with a bunch of innocent people murdered by some lunatic with a gun. I realize a shotgun is not an assault weapon and I realize some of the restrictions people are asking for wouldn't have had any impact on this. But, it just further highlights hor inherently violence our society seems to be.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 am

Well put, B-Dub.

In other news, Milo Yiannopolus, whose 15 minutes of fame were up long ago, told a reporter at the Observer last week that he cant wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning down journalists. They ran the story and now he is talking flak for this guy in Annapolis. I am not blaming Milo for the actions yesterday, but the rhetoric has ramped up to points where maybe some less stable minded individuals think this behavior is ok now. I hope not, but what do I know. Anyway, Milo is now suing the Observer because of all the texts and tweets he is getting blaming him. I can't wait for that to get thrown out of court.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:27 am

I'm not sure how an attack on a journalist is an attack on every American. At least not in this case. This wasn't an attempt by a terrorist organization to stifle the freedom of the press using a campaign of violent intimidation. It was a lone nut log with a personal grievance.

I suspect the POTUS will let up on the media when they let up on him. He doesn't seem like a "turn the other cheek" type.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 am

Isn't he the guy who got fired from Breitbart after he talked about how pedophilia should be legal and it's ok to molest kids? I'm not sure I have that exactly right but I recall something to that effect coming from him.

And, he's a journalist, isn't he? Is it ok if the roving death squads start with him?

Dad - this clearly was one idiot with a grudge. It may be that he felt emboldened by the current climate or it may be that he would have done this regardless. Not really clear, although my money is on the latter. But, I thought Sanders comment was interesting for the exact reason that it wasn't some Trump fan going in to get even with journalists or something along those lines. They didn't need to say much of anything about this. In that context, I just found her comments interesting.

As for letting up on Trump, I suppose it depends on what that means. If it means accurately reporting stories that are not flattering to him, I think he's going to have to learn to get over that. If it means taking down the language that as long as Trump is President we are all doomed, DOOMED, DOOMED!, I'd like to vote to see that taken down a few notches myself. I think he's a total scumbug, I despise the man, and I've really had enough of the hyperbole. It's not at all helpful.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:37 am

I'd like to vote to see that taken down a few notches myself.

That's all I ask. It isn't helpful and it doesn't give off a vibe of objectivity. It gives off a vibe of petulance.

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:46 am

Indeed. At the pulpit the left continues to fire back at hyperbole with more hyperbole, all the while looking at the front row where their supporters are eating it up and frothing at the mouth. They don't bother to look at the large crowd behind that whose smiles are gradually turning to deeper and deeper frowns.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:47 am

If the proof comes out that shows the whole Steel dossier is real and Trump works for Putin and is running the country on Putin's behalf, 50% of the country is just going to dismiss the evidence. You have the "boy who cried wolf" syndrom at this point. When everything is the "Worst. Thing. Ever", then nothing is really that bad. All nuance and context have been lost. Trump sucks but some of what he does is not that big a deal. There are things that I disagree with but every President does things I disagree with. I don't equate all those things with fasicism (just some of them. 8-) )

So, I'm with you, wratchet down the lunacy a bit.