Random Thoughts Again

PSUgrower

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:41 pm

I stated earlier that I was on vacation last week. My BIL and I are pushing this 2 liner for the next few weeks.

Me-"You free next weekend?"
BIL- "God Damn right I'm Free- MERICA!"

You will be the hit of any party if you start using this saying.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:33 pm

A reporter for a local newspaper was fired for tweeting that the perpetrator of the Maryland newspaper shooting was wearing a Trump-inspired MAGA hat. He said it wasn't "fake news", but rather a lame joke. He was "asked" to resign.

He should have just tweeted "F--- you, Mr. President". I've heard you only get a week off for that.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Blue&White wrote:If the proof comes out that shows the whole Steel dossier is real and Trump works for Putin and is running the country on Putin's behalf, 50% of the country is just going to dismiss the evidence. You have the "boy who cried wolf" syndrom at this point. When everything is the "Worst. Thing. Ever", then nothing is really that bad. All nuance and context have been lost. Trump sucks but some of what he does is not that big a deal. There are things that I disagree with but every President does things I disagree with. I don't equate all those things with fasicism (just some of them. 8-) )

So, I'm with you, wratchet down the lunacy a bit.

I am completely lost on the Russia thing. Everyday it goes in a new direction. I am sure there is something to it. Will we ever find out? God only knows.
41-33.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:35 pm

We will find out any bombshells roughly a week or two before the mid term elections. ;) So far he has investigated everything but Russia so that should be a fresh area for fun and games. Nothing that was alleged has stuck to the POTUS but they are twisting subordinates in the wind to coerce or manufacture something to attach....so far he is avoiding any direct problems. You would not know that hearing all the propaganda but it is the way the river is flowing at this point. Seemingly, as bdub notes, the irritants are just that, irritants, dislikes, not criminal activity.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:31 am

I am completely lost on the Russia thing. Everyday it goes in a new direction. I am sure there is something to it. Will we ever find out? God only knows.

My best guess - and it's only a guess - is that the stories that Russia tried to interfere in our election process are accurate. I suspect all the things we are accusing them of are probably spot on. What I've not seen any evidence of - and seriously doubt happened - is that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. Do I think they maybe skirted some election laws during the campaign? Absolutely. Do I think it amounts to collusion or conspiring with Russia? I am highly skeptical about that. If someone provides some evidence I will be happily convinced, but so far I've not seen anything that leads to the conclusion Trump did what he was accused of.

Btw, I completely agree with Carl that if there is something to reveal it will come out in October.
Is it baseball season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:29 pm

All these supposed "bombshell" reports kind of remind me of what I used to read when I visited BWI.
41-33.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:07 pm

I have no doubt Russia has been trying to interfere in our elections forever. So have other nations. It's in their interest to do so. We, ALSO, attempt to interfere in other nation's elections, for sure dude. It's in our interest. So while we are all interested, maybe we should have a worldwide election interference club since we all do it anyway, we can have a rule book, a secret handshake and decoder rings.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 am

We, ALSO, attempt to interfere in other nation's elections, for sure dude.

I'm sure most of the world is having one massive collective eye-roll at the US going apeshit over someone interfering in our elections. We've been interfering in elections for decades. And, we did a lot more than fake news on social media. And, we did it to allies, too. Per details released by Wikileaks, as recently as 2012 the US was trying to influence the French election. And, the head of US foreign policy at that time, the person who decided which way the US wanted that election to go, was none other than Hillary Clinton. If that's not irony, I don't know what is.

All that said, we should be taking whatever steps we can to safeguard our electoral system and try to prevent foreign interference. And, I don't get the sense that Trump has any intent of doing that.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:24 am

Be careful what you wish for.

It's not like the Russians were sending in surrogates to vote for Donald Trump. To the extent they were "interfering", it appears to be releasing information injurious to Hillary. Like the emails between her people and the DNC that exposed what a total bag job the Democratic primaries were.

I'm not pro-hacker, but I'm not sure I want the United States government deciding what does and doesn't get published on the internet.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 pm

psu_dad wrote:Be careful what you wish for.

It's not like the Russians were sending in surrogates to vote for Donald Trump. To the extent they were "interfering", it appears to be releasing information injurious to Hillary. Like the emails between her people and the DNC that exposed what a total bag job the Democratic primaries were.

I'm not pro-hacker, but I'm not sure I want the United States government deciding what does and doesn't get published on the internet.

I'm very sure I do not want the govt. of the US of A deciding what does and does not get published on the internet. Freedom and Liberty have meaning as they did over 200 years ago. We have steadily been losing both since the day we won them.