Random Thoughts Again

psudelco

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psudelco » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm

I one made it home from Boston in about 5.5 hrs on Sunday morning, I think I exceeded the speed limit along the way

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 pm

A few years ago I drove from my SiL's place south of Atlanta to my house north of Philly - 900 miles door to door - in just over 13 hours. That included gas stops with bathroom breaks. I won't say I was driving fast, but time started to slow down.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:11 pm

I remember an 800+ mile day from DeLand, FL to Harrisonburg, VA, stopped to watch the Olympic hockey match, USA vs USSR, Lake Placid, 1980 after 12 hrs on the road with an hour parked as Mrs. Spackler was ill. Nice little hockey match! Glad we stopped. The Mrs. slept while I jumped up and down on the other hotel bed for several hours, calmly rooting for our young men. :D :D :D
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:06 pm

I drove out to Somerset yesterday to meet 9 college buddies for an evening of alcohol and seafood at Pioneer Park. We scarfed down beer and a few bottles of Glenlivet 18. One of the guys bought $1500 worth of seafood (he told his wife it only cost $200). We had Super Colossal King crab legs that were the size of my arm. The scallops and shrimp were spot on. He bought 6 ginormous lobster tails because 1 guy is allergic to shell fish. Needless to say, I won't be eating seafood for a month. To top it off, this morning I made my family's famous SOS over biscuits! That is the perfect breakfast after a night of drinking! I am taking a nap

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:17 am

Oh, grower...my young friend....enjoy your bacchanalian delights while you can. You will pay a huge price for all that debauchery when you reach codger-dom. And I don't mean in terms of dollars spent, though a bottle of Glenlivet 18 is north of 100 semolians if memory serves. Two nights ago, I killed two bottles of red wine with my neighbor. Just now recovering. If I did what you did, I would be comatose for 72 hours.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Mad, you should have SOS for breakfast the next morning. The breakfast of hangover champions. I have a great and easy recipe if you want it

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:37 pm

We are getting some crazy rains in central Pa! We ahaven't had rain for weeks and now it is coming in buckets! I have a bunch of friends with water in their basements!! And more rain storms are coming in the next 40 minutes!! :( :(

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:59 am

We are getting toooooo much rain! Positive mojo/prayers needed!!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 am

Too much rain???.....we reached that point three days ago. The stream behind my house is raging....the highest level I've seen since moving here four years ago....and left its banks, blocking access for the residents who live on the other side of the stream. My sump pump is working 24/7.....glad I have one. And I've got no reason to complain compared to the folks down the road from me who have houses that now stand in the middle of a lake. This is really a bad situation with more rain on the way.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:35 am

We got another 3.5" of rain last night!! I am up to 13 inches of rain since Saturday at mi casa. Good luck Mad!!