Random Thoughts Again

Crowbar

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Crowbar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 am

My wife and kids went to the aquarium in Camden, NJ yesterday. They had a great time. When I was on vacation last week I got to feed stingrays at the AC Aquarium.

Those places are fun to visit!
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:21 am

I went there with my grandkids. The hippos blew my mind. Obviously I figured hippos were big, but damn.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:24 am

LioninVa wrote:The transparent image above the name is Patti LaBelle. Leave it to the old white guy network the eff that up...

I can see how this could have happened. Some 20 year old intern or recent college hire who probably barely had any awareness of who either singer was was told to find some images, did a google search, and found a White House event for Obama that both Labelle and Franklin attended, grabbed a picture of a large black woman and figured "hey, has to be her" and no one checked it. That, however, is the problem - they had a responsibility to get that right. And Fox has teams of people who's job it is to sit on the air and point out all the mistakes all the other news outlets make. When you spend the majority of your time throwing stones, you best not be sitting in a glass house. It doesn't help that that there are a number of questionable things out of Fox when it comes to race.

And then Fox doubled down on the crazy saying they used a picture that Franklin and Labelle were both in and, unforutnately, Franklin was blocked out when it was published. But, people found the original picture and guess what? Franklin was not in it. So, now their explanation has fallen apart, as has their apology, and they look like total asshats.

I don't think this was race related. I could see the same thing hapepning if Liza Minnelli died and you end up with a picture of Barbara Streisand. You have young people who don't know these artists pulling images and no one checks. Whoops. I'm pretty sure that's what happened here. But, Fox, true to form, has to dig in, hold the line, and make themselves look moronic. Oh well.

Anyway, in other news - I've continued to try to plow through that PA Grand Jury report on the church abuse. It's not easy reading, let me tell you. It really takes an emotional toll but I am determined to read the whole thing. And, I thought nothing make me feel more ill than that report. And then I read the response of Catholic League president Bill Donohue. Speaking of asshats. I'm not even going to post a link. I don't want to be directly involved in anything that gives that bastard attention. You can all google it on your own.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Ron Burgundy (KVWN, San Diego). And that's a friggin joke if you ask me.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:16 am

I have to admit I don't know Ron personally - but hear he plays a mean cowbell.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Saw that earlier. That's rather ironic. And, a 37 year old woman should know a 17 year old boy is way off limits.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:46 pm

There's a lame but apparently popular web site called Barstool Sports. One of their regular features is linking to stories about female school teachers (or other female staff members) arrested for having sex with underage students. Sometimes these women are only in their 20s, but very often they're in their 30s or 40s, with families. They don't post such links just a few times a year. Or a few times a month. They post them at least once a week and have been doing so for several years.

Why this isn't a major national story is totally beyond me.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Why what isn't a national news story us beyond you? That there is a website documenting sexual abuse of children by women?