Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Why what isn't a national news story is beyond you?

The apparent epidemic of teachers boinking secondary school students. Perhaps this is mundane. Perhaps teachers tossing their careers and/or marriages out the window for a roll in the hay with a 16-YO has been going on forever and I'm just oblivious.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Epidemic?
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:51 pm

You know what? Never mind. I'm not biting.

Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Suit yourself. Were it not for a link a friend of mine sent me last year, I wouldn't have believed it either.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:49 am

I view the teacher / student thing as something that's always been going on it's just gets a lot more headlines and coverage now. There were at least a half dozen incidents of students / teachers having sex during my high school years and both male and female teachers involved. Of course none you heard of what happened in my town because it didn't get plastered all over the Internet. The frequency may have increased some - especially amongst female teachers and because people are more indulgent in these times but it's not a new phenomena.

I also believe cell phones / social media / cameras everywhere tend to expose more of these incidents and from a legal standpoint they don't get buried as easily. 40 years ago both teacher and student - if discovered wanted the matter to end as quietly as possible - not now - the student / parents / and their lawyer shout it from the roof top.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 am

There were at least a half dozen incidents of students / teachers having sex during my high school years.

Sweet merciful Jeezus. I have led a very sheltered life.

Or you went to.Sodom & Gomorrah High School.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:51 am

psu_dad wrote:There were at least a half dozen incidents of students / teachers having sex during my high school years.

Sweet merciful Jeezus. I have led a very sheltered life.

Or you went to Sodom & Gomorrah High School.

Maybe your school just had a lot of ugly kids :lol:

One teacher was married and the teachers found a note from him to the girl he was involved with - he was a Spanish teacher - when he got found out he became an English teacher (he fled to Latin America).
These occurred when student was in that 16-18 range and to be honest - looking back - as students we all understood it as "scandalous" but none of us really looked at it as criminal as they were all consensual (not in legal sense but both parties were willing participants). We kind of saw it almost like going out Fridays as a senior for a "liquid lunch" - it was against the rules but it went on and it was only wrong if you got caught.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 am

Well times have changed. Most of the cases I've read about end up in an arrest and criminal proceedings. The offenders either serve short sentences or get suspended sentences and probation. They also have to register as sex offenders and can kiss their careers goodbye.

One woman who was arrested this past Spring was a 6th grade teacher. The boy was 13. At her arraignment, she told the judge she just "wanted to have her bail paid so she could go home to her husband." She's still in the slammer awaiting trial. Her husband hasn't paid the bail for some reason.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:40 am

There were 2 or 3 instances in my highschool as well, that I knew of. After I left I believe there were more.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:57 am

I am going to tell you right now that these flings are not occurring like they used to. Schools are making it a point to tell all teachers that if they have these relationships you will go to jail and be fired. I heard of 1 or 2 instances where a teacher was reprimanded because there were shady texts send back and forth between a student and teacher. In 1 instance, the texts weren't that bad but when you read between the lines the texts could have escalated into something else. It always baffles me how teacher would throw away their profession for a fling! We have a pretty good gig if you haven't heard!