Random Thoughts Again

Shore Lion

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 am

I tell myself that all the time. :D

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Three mass shootings in ~24 hours across the US. 3 people shot in Wisconsin yesterday, 4 people shot in PA late in the day, and 3 people killed today in Maryland. The 2 shooters yesterday were both killed by the cops. The shooter today apparently shot herself twice and then died in custody.

<sigh> :(
Is it baseball season yet?

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:45 pm

There were 2 shootings in PA yesterday one in Western PA the other was a domestic in Chester county where a son shot his parents, tried to shoot his ex wife and then died crashing his car into ex wife's house

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:32 pm

I’m trying to decide if this is a good thing... I was walking back into work and one of the Army instructors was coming out. He said, “Dude, From a distance, you look like Jeff Bridges.”

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Blue&White wrote:
pennstate92 wrote:My parents wanted me to be a teacher.

The hilarious part about that was I knew you Freshman year in college. I can only assume your parents were heavy drinkers back then.

8-)

Yeah, well, the apple didn't fall too far from that tree... :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:33 pm

LioninVa wrote:I’m trying to decide if this is a good thing... I was walking back into work and one of the Army instructors was coming out. He said, “Dude, From a distance, you look like Jeff Bridges.”

I'd put that one in my pocket Lion and whistle all the way home.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 am

As we all watch our current political drama unfold with various levels of wonder and amazement, I thought I'd post a nice story that shows there is still some semblance of reasonbleness and sanity in the world.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 am

Was at the Yankee game yesterday and Gaffigan had a video spot joking if fans cheered loud enough they could win one of his kids.

And the Orioles destroyed the Yanks yesterday.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:28 am

My wife and I saw Gaffigan do stand-up a couple of years ago. He was hilarious. If you have an opportunity I'd recommend going to see him.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:52 am

So, my wife had jury duty today. As my wife is self employed, when she's not working she is not getting paid. So, jury duty is a major pain in the ass for her. For me, it's fine. My employer lets me take jurty duty as an excused, paid thing (within reason - if I'm sequestered for a few months on the Bill Cosby trial that's probably coming out of my pocket). So, last night she was going through her closet and draws looking for what she considered to be the "least jururor looking" ensemble she could wear. Her hope is that the laywer from one side or the other takes a look at her and thinks "no way I want this person on my jury". She went with ripped jeans and a worn out sweatshirt. I told her to sit and chew gum like a cow chewing cud as that always leaves a gerat impression.

It's early yet, but she just texted me to say "so far, so good".