psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:37 pm

1.21 GigaWatts!?!
Klaatu barada nikto

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 am

Well, I accepted the job. Holding off until next week to give my notice. I'm supposed to give 4 weeks which is fine. I'm not going to start until January 7th so that gives me plenty of time after I leave my current job to take care of all the loose ends like housing (starting on that this weekend with a trip south) and everything else that is involved with a move of this size. I'm nervous about the whole thing but incredibly excited too. I'd pretty much made my decision anyway but thanks for weighing in with your thoughts guys. Obviously I really don't know any of you but your unbiased and objective opinions are meaningful. Thanks!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:31 am

Hey dad - we got him!!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

I'm just messing with you. Congrats. I think you made the right decision. If you didn't do this you'd spend the next 20 years wondering "what if". Just make sure you find a way to still watch PSU football.

As for me, I am waiting to hear if I got that promotion or not. My gut feeling is that I'm not getting it, but I should know by week's end. We will see.
Is it baseball season yet?

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 am

Good for you, Shore. Best of luck.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am

Congrats and good luck Shore.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Good luck and congrats Shore and now you're a lame duck enjoy

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Congrats, SL. Always a difficult decision when you're moving to parts unknown. My moment of truth came in '89 when I took a job in East Lansing where I knew approximately nobody. It was very challenging and, to be honest, did not not go well. My family didn't like Michigan, and there were many issues with the job starting with the my manager....the guy who hired me... getting fired which made me the red-haired marketing department stepchild. Here's the silver lining.....I left the company and Michigan after just one year, but that opportunity opened other doors for me which worked out well for me. Good luck with your new job and the move.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Congrats Shore! Smart move!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:18 am

Congratulations and best wishes!!!
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:12 pm

So, I spent today interviewing college kids for summer internship positions. A colleague of mine who is looking for someone for his product management team asked me if I could do it for him since he couldn't get up to NYC this week. I spent the day interviewing kids who were far smarter than I am and who have credentials I could only dream of. After one interview I thought "I am just a graying meat sack ".

These kids were smart, articulate and generally well spoken. Dad often uses the phrase "I weep for the future". If these kids are indicative of their peers than I look forward to it. It was an impressive bunch of young people.

The hardest part was making a choice. Anyway, it was a good day and I really enjoyed it.
Is it baseball season yet?