Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:13 am

I can't offer much advice, other than agreeing with B&W's assessment of H&R Block. Unless they've changed in recent years, their people are not tax experts. They're just clerical people trained to fill out IRS forms. They're not going to formulate an optimal "tax strategy" for you.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 am

I'm in a meeting in New York and the guy sitting next to me has a fedora.

Now I have numerous fedora questions and, I'm ashamed to admit, a case of fedora envy. There is just no way I can pull that look off.

Damn.
Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:23 am

Fedoras were very common when I was a small child, even among the working class. My father always had two: an every-day one and a nicer one he used on the rare occasions he wore a suit (weddings, funerals, etc.). Men's hats didn't catch on with the Baby Boomer generation and pretty much disappeared at some point.

I've never been a hat guy.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:33 am

I'm not a hat guy either. Never wore baseball caps at all other than when I played. And, I'd look ridiculous with a fedora.

But, this guy's fedora has a sunglasses band built in. How cool is that?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 am

My crazy great aunt occasionally wore a cape. Maybe if you got a cape you could pull off the fedora.
Fire Alex Cora

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm

One of the musicians I worked with in the Navy hogged with a bunch of bands out in town. Because of the short haircut - at least, I think that’s the reason - he always wore a fedora when he played.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:03 am

I work in a high school. The only fedoras I see are attached to the heads of painfully awkward teenage boys(I know, redundant) who are sually into either gaming, theater, marching band or on occasion, math.

And let me tell you this: no one under the age of 65 is ever "pulling it off".
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:32 pm

My sons sent me a link to an article on cnn.com. While there, I noticed that these were the top headlines:

* Teen suspects in Colorado school shooting make first court appearances
* Teens accused in plot to lure men in on Tinder and then rob them at gunpoint
* Three teens arrested after discussing plans to bomb high school
* Teen arrested in the murder of a mailman who was shot dead after he tried to stop a fight

WTF?

Oh ... and the Feds seized more than 16 tons of cocaine from a cargo ship at the Philadelphia terminal. Some serious party animals down there.

She don't lie.
She don't lie.
She don't lie.
Cocaine.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:35 pm

Philly knows how to throw a party.

Anyway, in other news, one of the Sandy Hook parents has won a defamation suit against people who wrote a book saying the whole thing never happened.

Good. I hope the bankrupt all these assholes. And, I hope they take every single penny that Alex Jones has and leave the scumbag living in a homeless shelter.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:57 am

So, was stressing over traffic on my way to the airport due to traffic, but cleared TSA pre check security line in 5 minutes. So far, trip to Chicago off to a good start.