Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 am

Boarding on time, no delays.

It's too perfect. The plane is going to crash. I know it.
Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm

B&W dines in Chicago:

B&W: Got any fried chicken?
WAITRESS: Best damn chicken in the state.
B&W: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.
WAITRESS: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?
B&W: Four fried chickens. And a Coke.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

I love Soul Food, but no way I can eat 4 chickens.

Anyway, flight was early and then walked outside and got right into a cab. No wait at all. All this is making me nervous.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:10 pm

So, one of the large trees in my backyard just self destructed. It apparently smashed through my fence and then my neighbors house broke its fall.

Super.

My wife thinks the damage is minimal but it's difficult to see because, you know, there is a tree preventing her from getting a great look.

Ugh.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 pm

And you think YOU have problems. I just ran over a steel cable with my 17 year old tractor mower. It's dead as fried chicken. I'll have to buy a new one. Mrs. Mad thinks I did it on purpose so I could buy the new tractor mower I've been jonesing for...you know, cruise control, bose speakers, turbo-charged engine, big yellow flames painted on the sides of the hood, dual carbs, hooker headers, dual exhaust. Jeezuz, can ya believe the suspicious mind on that woman???
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:44 pm

I didn't say I had problems. Didn't you read my post? My neighbor has problems. I'm fine.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:38 pm

I had a fairly large tree fall during a storm at my last house. It caused no property damage. The insurance company said the "Act of God" provision applied and they owed me squat for the tree's removal. So I asked: "What if it had landed on my home?" They said in that case, they would pay for the home repairs and the tree removal to facilitate the repairs.

So if a fallen tree lands in the yard, it's God's fault. If it lands on your house, then it's apparently not God's fault. Nearly 40 of home insurance premiums and I've never collected a penny.
Fire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:17 am

Blue&White wrote:I didn't say I had problems. Didn't you read my post? My neighbor has problems. I'm fine.

The problem with written communication...sometimes....occurs when the intended sarcasm, cynicism and narcissism of the the communicator is apparent only to the communicator. I can read. It's just that my failed attempt at humor and the intent of my opening line fell flat.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:20 am

psu_dad wrote:I had a fairly large tree fall during a storm at my last house. It caused no property damage. The insurance company said the "Act of God" provision applied and they owed me squat for the tree's removal. So I asked: "What if it had landed on my home?" They said in that case, they would pay for the home repairs and the tree removal to facilitate the repairs.

So if a fallen tree lands in the yard, it's God's fault. If it lands on your house, then it's apparently not God's fault. Nearly 40 of home insurance premiums and I've never collected a penny.

The lord works in mysterious ways. So do insurance companies. They're very good at collecting our premiums but not so good at paying up when the need arises.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:04 am

Yes, I got the sarcasm. That was sarcasm back at ya.