Random Thoughts Again

hbendle

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby hbendle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Instead, there's this other movie coming to go see, I saw a clip for it...
I loved it. It was much better than Cats. I'm going to see it again and again.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm

It was much better than Cats

That's a pretty low bar.

For years, my wife wanted to see the stage version of Cats. I would have preferred to have my fingernails removed with a pair of pliers. So it came to town right around my wife's birthday and I bought two tickets. I suggested she take her (unmarried) friend who also wanted to see it. They could have a girl''s night out. She was OK with that.

When she came home, I asked her how it was. She laughed. "You would have been snoring 30 minutes in", she said "It went on forever, long after the novelty wore off".

-----------------------------

As for the movie, I saw someone refer to the trailer as "nightmare fuel".
Fire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:16 pm

psu_dad wrote: It was much better than Cats

When she came home, I asked her how it was. She laughed. "You would have been snoring 30 minutes in", she said "It went on forever, long after the novelty wore off".

Mrs. Mad loves musicals. She also loves when I do things with her that she likes to do. Such as musicals. I do this and the other things because it she deserves that much. And then there is less resistance when I do a road trip/backpacking trip/mancation....whatever you want to call it....with my best pals. I'm planning a trip to Montana with my pals next summer that will be dedicated mostly to fly-fishing the abundance of blue-ribbon trout streams found in that part of the world. And when...not if..... she wants to travel to New York City to see some cockamamy musicial, I will smile and say why not. Because that is what we do to maintain stasis in our respective marriages. And yes, at some point in the show, Mrs. Mad can count on looking my way and cringing as my head hangs limply against my chest, mouth open ever so slightly with a long, narrow sliver of drool connecting the corner of my mouth to my shirt. It's a small price to pay for love. And the mancation.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

psu_dad wrote:That's a pretty low bar.

Me: I'll take "people who completely missed the joke for $100, Alex".

Screen: "This poster completely misunderstood that hbendle was making a joke based on old TV adds for Cats"

Me: who is "psu_dad"?

Alex Trebek: nicely done, you have the board.
Is it football season yet?

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:42 pm

OK then.
Here's the video daily double.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Ha! I completely missed the original reference myself. I was thinking of those old broadway commercials you used to get where you had people talking about how this play or that play was better than cats. Well, I guess in a way you were referring to that as that is clearly a spoof on those as well. I just didn't remember that specific big.

btw, since I bought up Jeopardy I realized that I hadn't heard anything about Alex Trebek in a while. So, I just Googled him and, apparently, at the end of May he said he was in "near remission". I find that difficult to believe given the little I know about pancreatic cancer, but who the heck knows. If it's true, good for him.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:19 am

Took my wife in for surgery this morning. While we were watiing for them to take her in for prep, we were in the waiting area and the one TV they had on was showing the Mueller testimony. So, here is my random thought: I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that my career path did not lead me to a point where I would have no choice but to sit through 8 hours of congressional hearings and testimony. And, I don't mean just from the political aspecet. I'm glad I'm not the camera man managing the broadcast because, really, being in a job where you can't just turn that stuff off and walk away must be awful.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:16 pm

I'd rather be a custodian in a Turkish prison than have a job in the political world.

Re your wife, I hope she has a speedy recovery. Don't take offense if they ask her if you're the one who broke her ankle. That seems to be standard procedure these days.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

That would have come up at the ER, not here. And, I think the nature of the injury gets me off the hook. It doesn't look like I did it.

As far as they know, anyway. :twisted:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:20 pm

So, got my wife home and she's sleeping off the anesthesia. I'm out filling some prescriptions. Anyway, turns out the dr. wrote a script for oxycontin. And, he wrote a script for a number that it's against the law to fill. You can have 10. You can have 20. 30 is a no-no. So, now I'm trying to get that fixed.

What a pain this whole ordeal has been. All of it. And 10X more for my wife.