Random Thoughts Again

LioninVa

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:58 am

I hope your wife is doing better. I would say I am surprised that a doctor would mess up a script like that, but few things really surprise me these days...

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:40 am

I was surprised too. I get that a doctor may not be up on all the prescription rules, but I find it hard to believe the limit on the count hasn't come up before. This guy is probably doing a dozen orthpedic surgeries a week. This is the first time he wrote a script for 30 pills? Seems unlikely to me, but who knows.

His office called at 7:45 AM this morning to find out what the issue was. When I told them (again) they made some statement about all the federal rules and it's hard to keep up and apologized. I let the comment go, but I dont' buy it. Not for something as basic as the amount. If you tell me they didn't know you could only write a script so many times in a month for a person or something like that - ok, I can see that. But, to not know you can't give more than 20? I'm dubious.
Is it football season yet?

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:54 am

Interesting. Last year I got 40 Percocet - a 7 day supply post-surgery.
Anyway, best wishes for the Mrs., hope the meds issue gets irrelevant quickly.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:05 am

Interesting. Last year I got 40 Percocet - a 7 day supply post-surgery.

That's consistent with how I thought the limit was imposed ... by days, not pill count.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 am

It was 20 days vs. 20 pills. I messed up how I presented that. I was more focused on the screw up. And, it was a 20 day max and 30 days violated some federal rule. And that, to me, seemed something the doctor should know. I get they won't all the rules on drug scripts, but that one seemed sort of fundamental.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:31 am

also, interesting you got 7 days. The pharamacy told me it was 5, 10 or 20. Maybe they will do something less than 10 without an issue.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Ok, when I picked up the new script I got some clarification. The problem was the 30 pills. The regulation is you can get a maximum of 20 pills, which equates to 7 days. You can get 10 pills which equates to 3 days. I suppose you can get fewer but that's not what they told me. So, there is a pill number maximum.

My wife has now had 2 scripts for this stuff: one last week in the ER and now one from the surgeon. I expect if there is a 3rd script a drone starts following her around. With a 4th I assume the ATF breaks down the door and we get the "Ruby Ridge" treatment.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:18 pm

A colleague of mine did an Ironman triathlon last weekend. He's about 5 years younger than me and decided a year ago to do this to get in better shape. He did it in just under 13.5 hours.

I can't imagine. And now I can never talk to him again.

Anyway, I was looking at the times of his race. The winner did it in 8 hours 27 minutes. A 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and then a full marathon in under 8.5 miles.

I hate that guy.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:34 am

Don't waste your energy, BDub, something is broken in that man and he most assuredly hates himself. Haha.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:05 pm

So, my wife has moved into the "boot" phase of her recovery. Still can't put any weight on the ankle and probably can't drive until, best case, the week after Labor Day and probably the week after. Which means we are without her income until that time. Yippee.

On the plus side, we've blown through our deductable, and then some. We are rapidly approaching our out-of-pocket max, too. So, I am now in the stage of going to the doctor just because. I plan to start going for anything I can think of. I pay a freaking fortune for insurance and now, finally, after nearly $11,000 cash out the door, I'm in a position to get some benefit from it. Might as well take advantage.