Random Thoughts Again

chas

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby chas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Hello

I am sorry to let you know that my dad passed away last week after his long fight with cancer. He passed unexpectedly in his sleep, his heart just gave out. Dad enjoyed the debate and information sharing on this and other sites. I am sure he will be waiting for the rest of you to continue your discussions. Gob bless.

Michael

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:40 pm

:cry:

I'm assuming you're Chas' son posting on his behalf.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your dad has been on and off PSU forums for many years and we have been able to virtually get to know him. I've enjoyed the debates with him, and will miss his contributions. His pre-game 1st person prediction threads were the stuff of legend.

RIP Chas.

And cancer f*cking sucks.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:42 pm

sameoldlama wrote:If you want to pass laws that prevent a guy with a history like this from getting a gun I'll sign on

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/flori ... index.html

As I posted earlier if you want to require gun owners carry liability insurance that escalates with the purchase of multiple guns and higher firepower guns to make amassing an arsenal economically punitive - I'll sign on

If you want to give authorities greater ability to go rattle the cage of someone who makes threats of violence on social media including making them temporarily surrendering their guns until the person is vetted - I'll sign on.

You want to expand the list of crimes beyond making threats / domestics that would cause you to lose your right to possess firearms to include punching horses after your team wins a football game - I'll sign on.

People with demonstrated mental and behavior issues, people who amass large numbers of guns and people openly threatening violence are screaming "take my guns from me".
It's like the idiot who has a few drinks and goes flying down the road blaring their stereo, speeding, running lights - they are screaming "pull me over".
These people scream - I'm the asshole who can't responsibly enjoy the rights our society affords without messing it up for everyone else. Accommodate the people who are begging for attention from authorities.

You and I are almost polar opposites on most issues. And I'm not sure we are the same on the whole gun issue but I agree with damn bear everything you said here. These, to me, fall directly under the category of "Common Sense."

The crazy part is that the gun lobby has fought changes like this tooth and nail. It really strikes me as insane.

I've seen calls for arming teachers. I work in a high school and have for years. To call this idea insane is, to me, the understatement of the century.

I've shot guns. There is a Clay pigeon course around here that is a ton of fun. I get it, it is fun. But no one is mowing down crowds of people with a shotgun. Or even a handgun. The semi-automatic thing seems to be a reasonable thing to have to give up to live in a world where people aren't massacred.

Jim Jeffries, an Australian comedian, absolutely nails it on gun control. This is very NFSW, but intelligent and funny as hell.

https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0 (Part I)

https://youtu.be/a9UFyNy-rw4 (Part II)
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Michael ... Sorry to hear of your dad's passing.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

chas wrote:Hello

I am sorry to let you know that my dad passed away last week after his long fight with cancer. He passed unexpectedly in his sleep, his heart just gave out. Dad enjoyed the debate and information sharing on this and other sites. I am sure he will be waiting for the rest of you to continue your discussions. Gob bless.

Michael

Stunned and saddened to hear this news and my condolences to your family. "chas" had popped back onto the board during the football season and I was half expecting to see him join in the political discussion any minute and looked forward to it as he often sparked good conversations. I simply thought life and his love of fine coffee were simply taking up his time.
Absolutely shocked - he never gave a hint of any issues when he posted, and I would say anytime he mentioned his personal life he seemed completely happy and fulfilled.

Really sorry to hear this.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Also, this is an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 5584712704
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm

chas wrote:Hello

Michael

Sorry to hear of your father's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Nat@PSU wrote:Also, this is an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 5584712704

Hey, that's what I've been saying. I should get a royalty.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Sorry to hear about your dads passing. I will definitely miss his posts prior to games. Coach Franklin sits down.........

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Michael, thank you for letting us know about your dad. While I never met him in person, I very much enjoyed the discussions he participated in on this forum. I believe he was a good man and we are all better off for having virtually met him. You have my deepest sympathies.