Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Mine has 6 and 2, too. It was just some really dense snow.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Don't mean to sound smug, but the storm stayed east of Harrisburg. Did not get so much as a flake. My trusty Toro remains snugy nestled in the garage. It was a good day.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm

It basically rained most of the day, but an hour or so ago the snow started and it's coming down big-time. We could still get clobbered.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:49 am

sameoldlama wrote:This illustrates a point I made earlier of people being confrontational and taking everything as a perceived slight calling for a confrontation - until we can figure out why someone attacks someone - from behind as they walk away from him - for looking at him the wrong way (and likely the victim was just staring off into space on his subway ride home) - discussing the manner in which someone commits a violent act misses much of the issue at hand

https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/brute-in- ... ng-at-him/

I saw earlier that the attacker has now been identified. How soon to the arraignment and the apology along with the "I'm not that person" speech? This guy belongs in jail, period.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:33 am

Yeah I'm getting really tired of the old "that's not who I am" pseudo apology. I mean, we've probably all had a really bad day and snapped at somebody and been rude to them at some point. And that's probably not who you are 99% of the time. But this guy beat the shit out of a random stranger for no reason. Physically assaulting somebody takes it way beyond a stupid apology being sufficient.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:52 am

How moral a person you are is defined by how you behave when you think no one is looking. This guy didn't realize that a camera was directly on him, probably figured no one would remember him well enough in a sea of a million faces, and that he would get away with it. This video shows exactly who he is and he should be treated accordingly.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 am

It basically rained most of the day, but an hour or so ago the snow started and it's coming down big-time. We could still get clobbered. --
Wednesday evening 9:00 PM

And clobbered we got.

A foot and a half of heavy wet snow in just a few hours. Trees, branches and power lines down all over the place. A quarter of a million homes and businesses without power.

-----------------------

Note to Mother Nature: You may have pulverized my beautiful ornamental cherry tree, but I'm still here, bitch.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:50 am

Blue&White wrote:
sameoldlama wrote:This illustrates a point I made earlier of people being confrontational and taking everything as a perceived slight calling for a confrontation - until we can figure out why someone attacks someone - from behind as they walk away from him - for looking at him the wrong way (and likely the victim was just staring off into space on his subway ride home) - discussing the manner in which someone commits a violent act misses much of the issue at hand

https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/brute-in- ... ng-at-him/

I saw earlier that the attacker has now been identified. How soon to the arraignment and the apology along with the "I'm not that person" speech? This guy belongs in jail, period.

Agreed.
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:55 am

Not to double post, but according to an article in the NY Daily News the alleged attacker goes by "Golden Boy" and has had dozens of prior arrests. :roll:

Sounds like a model citizen to me.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 am

Sounds like a future convicted felon to me.